Acer CB3-531-C4A5 15.6 Chromebook - Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB SSD - Textured Granite Gray ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

acer

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 290 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 53 customers
    4.3 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 237 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• 15.6" Acer ComfyView backlit-LED HD 1366 x 768 Display, Google Chrome OS
  • Intel Celeron N3060 Dual-Core 1.6GHz CPU, Burst frequency: 2.48GHz, Cache: 2MB L2
  • 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB flash storage, Integrated audio with speakers, Intel HD Graphics 400
  • 802.11ac Wireless LAN, SD card reader, HDR webcam and microphone, Keyboard and Touchpad
  • HDMI port, Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port, 3-Cell 3950mAh Lithium-ion Battery
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by MagnumMan :star::star::star::star::star:

50 people found the following review helpful

A Large Screen Laptop at Tablet Pricing

Chromebooks have made great strides since they were largely smallish econoboxes with limited horsepower and specs and this one is an example of what can be done at a lower cost.

The tech geeks might think the specs are a bit amateurish with just 2GB RAM, a 16GB HDD, 15.6 inch screen and a Celeron processor, but these limitations work just fine on an operating system that is largely internet based. Since there is no Windows or OS X to worry about, Linux type base specs will do just fine (yes, the Chrome OS is largely open source, Linux based).

Cosmetically, you’re looking at the usual gray makeup albeit with rounded corners that actually look nice. At just a tick under 5 pounds you might think this is a beast, but you’re dealing with a rather large piece of hardware so the weight isn’t ungainly.

So, let’s cut to the chase and just go to the pros and cons:

Pros:

• Better than average construction quality. For a large slab of plastic I was suprised it had no creaks or groans. In fact, the overall finish is pleasant to look at with a brushed top cover and a nicely textured bottom panel, both of which resist most smudges.

• Unbelievable battery life. I average 10 hours on a charge and that’s using the internet. Watch videos? I lost maybe an hour of battery life which means you can watch whole TV show seasons before looking for an outlet. Cripes, not one of my tablets comes close.

• Nice picture quality. Not quite to Apple or high end Window’s standards, but this doesn’t cost $2,000. More than adequate for the average Joe or Jane.

• Reasonable cost. I recently returned a $200 Windows computer because it was slow, unresponsive and somewhat questionable in the qualty department. This is the polar opposite so the old “you get what you pay for” adage sometimes does apply but, apparently, not with Chromebooks.

• Boots in less than 10 seconds. Try that with Windows or OS X without putting the unit to sleep and then opening the lid.

• Speaking of such, if you turn this unit completely off and then close the lid, it comes on automatically when you reopen it. This is Chrome’s version of sleep.

Cons:

• What to upgrade the RAM or HDD? Too stinkin’ bad, the are both soldered to the motherboard.

• Peripherals such as printers and the like will have to be Chrome OS or wireless ready. Direct connections are hit or miss with mainly the latter.

Without grand discussions about the OS, I just summarize by stating this is the perfect unit for the casual internet surfer , the student looking for something to pound a report out on or the video watcher pining for a larger screen than a tablet offers.

Can’t go wrong for $200 (hint: WM has it for $20 less), especially considering tablets of a decent grade run this amount.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Acer CB3-531-C4A5 15.6 Chromebook - Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB SSD - Textured Granite Gray

Here is a nice video

Acer CB3-531-C4A5 15.6 Chromebook - Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB SSD - Textur...

Walmart Review by KitKat :star::star::star::star::star:

216 people found the following review helpful

Made a high school student and mom very happy

My daughter tried this after using a Macbook and a desktop computer. I have to say she totally loved it!

She is a power-user and spends anywhere from 3-6 hours a day doing work on her laptop.

Her school uses Google Docs etc already so set-up took all of 2 minutes! It found the wi-fi on it’s own and once she added her google account details it found all of her docs and browser favorites in seconds.

This was the fastest we have ever set any computer up for use and we have computers come and go all the time.

The other thing she loved was how light it was, she said it felt less heavy in her backpack then most of her books!

I was able to install the same parent watch controls that she has on her other computers and they worked great.

Last thing, video is awesome on this laptop! She was able to view all of her school-work videos as well as her favorite YouTube videos.

Just a heads up that I am an associate and this was rated by mom!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Acer CB3-531-C4A5 15.6 Chromebook - Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB SSD - Textured Granite Gray

@michigan I like it, you should definitely buy it