Amazon Review by Zillalator
13 people found the following review helpful
Great for the price
1. Description clearly states: "Large 1 HP motor delivers 4000 CFMs". The horsepower part is correct, but the included "manual" (a single small sheet of paper) states that while the motor is 1HP, it only delivers a max airflow of 3600 CFM. So be aware of that - it is 400 CFM short of advertised, per the specs in the manual.
- Good price
- Great packaging: comes in a box, sandwiched between two pieces of styrofoam. Cut open the box, remove one of the styrofoam blocks, and pull it out. The cord is wrapped in plastic, just slice that open & peel it off. Done. Ready to go out of the box in about a minute, no unboxing headaches.
- Built-in carrying handle & not too heavy (under 45 pounds)
- Velcro around the exhaust port (for securing accessories or creating a floor mount to prevent torque movement)
- Measured max speed output at 74.5 MPH at the exhaust port with my wind meter.
- Surprisingly, not a horribly noisy system. Loud, yes (from moving air at nearly 75 MPH @ 3600 CFM), but annoying no, which is a pleasant surprise given the affordable price.
- Runs on a standard 3-prong 120V AC jack, no special connection required. Includes a built-in 25-foot extension cable.
Great for drying rooms, windtunnel science projects, as a movie-making special effects tool (blowing people’s hair, fall leaves, etc. across a camera frame), or as a crazy-awesome leaf blower. Here is a transcription of the “manual”:
- Motor Power: 1 HP
- Voltage: 110-120V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Phase: Single
- R.P.M: 1150/1350/1550
- Amps: 8.2A/9.3A/11A
- Max Presssure: 3.2 Inch
- Max Air Flow: 3600 CFM
- Cable: 16 Gauge
- Speed Control: 3 Speeds
- Weight: 43 Lbs/19.5kgs
- Packing Size: 20.7" * 17.2" * 19.5" / 52.5cm X 43.6cm X 49.5cm
- Warranty: 1 Year For Motor, Five Years For Plastic Housing
11818 165th Street Norwalk, CA 90650
Toll Free: (877) 881-FOXX (3699)