4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 51 customers
    4.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 66 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• Air Hogs is the leading R/C brand delivering non-stop action!
  • Discover R/C Helicopters, Air Vehicles, Land Vehicles and Smart Tech!
  • Visit www.airhogs.com and explore the entire line!
  • Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, there’s an R/C for everyone!
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by John Crilly :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

10 people found the following review helpful

A lot of nice features and a blast to fly.

I was excited to receive this item through a Bzz Campaign for my honest opinion. My 12 year old son has been wanting a drone that he could fly and he was really excited when the box arrived.

Ease of flying: My 12 year old has really gotten the hang of flying it (faster than I did) and can easily control it around the house. He can buzz someone sitting in on couch and position it to take some really good pictures. It does take some getting used, but has a handy button for newbie flyers.

Outdoor flying: Because it is so lightweight, the wind really makes it very difficult to fly outside. On calm days, we have enjoyed not having obstacles to deal with so it’s a blast to fly around the backyard and the video is great. But any wind sends it off course.

Durability: It is very lightweight and we have crashed it many times but it seems pretty indestructible.

Camera: The camera and video on it is really good! I was surprised by this. Very easy to take pictures and video and the buttons are positioned perfectly for this. My son is really enjoying this feature and even discovered that the camera angle is manually adjustable. Very easy to upload to the computer.

Battery Life: At the most we got about 10 minutes of flight from one charge. Though this is the biggest drawback, our research on other drones finds that this is pretty normal. We don’t like it, but there is not much we can do at this price point. Charging takes a little over an hour or so. It would be nice to have multiple batteries or ways to charge it so one can be used in while the other is charging.

Overall, we have really enjoyed this drone. Easy to charge. Quick to learn to fly. My son loves the fact that the controller feels like a video game controller. Just wish the battery life was longer and it was better in the wind.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Air Hogs - Helix X4 Video Quad Copter

Walmart Review by 4gsinVA :star::star::star::star::star:

32 people found the following review helpful

Fun flying and capturing videos!

This little drone has been so much fun to play with! When it came in the box, my teenager said that it looked "really cheap and boring". Well, I charged it right up and let her take it out to fly. There was a bit of a learning curve, but once she got the hang of it, she didn't want to stop! This "cheap and boring" toy has turned out to be so much fun! The funnest part about it was viewing the videos that we'd captured during flight. The video is fairly decent quality and it's amazed how high up the drone can go. It's surprisingly sturdy. The only con so far is that the battery does not seem to last that long, so flying time is only about 10 minutes before we need to recharge. I did receive this product as part of a promotion from Air Hogs.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Air Hogs - Helix X4 Video Quad Copter

thanks

Air Hogs Helix Video Drone Review, 60FPS Action Camera in a Quadcopter

@michigan :thumbsup::thumbsup: