Amazon Review by Honest Reviewer
96 people found the following review helpful
The Pros, Cons and Oks for the iPad Air 2 (HR).
- Super light, amazingly slim, and sleek. Consider the best on the market.
- Its A8X chip is powerful and fast and there is not lag or any form of slow down. Everyday using it feels like you just bought it yesterday.
- Very comfortable and feels extremely solid. You can hold it all day since Apple always puts quality over price.
- Put a keyboard on it and you have a laptop replacement for your daily web browsing.
- 1,536 x 2,048 resolution beats a hell of a lot of televisions / monitors on the market.
- Glare has not yet become a factor in me enjoying this. This machine basically knows when it's bright out and when it's dark out so the screen itself adapts so you can view it with little glare effect.
- Just like the iPhone, the slow motion video works like a charm.
- Split View does work well when my emails are open while Im browsing the internet or editing my photos.
- No glitches with the screen at all as the retina screen touch panel works without a hitch.
- One of the few tablets that have an accurate battery life as 10 hours is almost right down to number when I need to charge it. This includes web surfing, gaming, videos, and music playing more than 2 hours each, some at the same time (music + web surfing).
- Love that you dont need to shut down your apps when youre done because Apple has done a really great job in making sure apps that youre not using will not eat the battery away.
- This is a must buy for a Netflix binge watching in bed as there is a great reduction in reflection and its improved color / contrast ratio.
- Ive taken it to the beach and was able to view it clearly when the sun was shining high.
- Speaker is quite impressive give the size of it. The sound is rich and has a good base, way better than I expected.
- Cheaper than the IPad Pro and really no reason why you need to buy the pro.
- As mention before, no matter what type of lighting youre in the Air makes sure that each color contrast is accurate as it adapts to your lighting (such as when I was at the beach).
- Apple is moving forward and all I can say is thank god the 3.5mm headphone jack was built in before Apples big change.
- Wi-Fi is super-fast as there are two antennae with the use of 802.11ac technology, making the upload and download rate quick.
- With Skype this is the best to have as its dual microphones allowed me to at far way distance and still my voice will be heard crystal clear.
- 1080 videos are always consistent and the only layout I use when there is an event at my home.
- Charging is fast as well. After only 30 minutes it went from 0 to 15 percent. Pretty impressive.
- When I put it in rest, the next day I only saw, on an average, 1-2 percent drop in battery.
The Cons and Oks:__________
- If you have the first gen iPad Air there is no justification to really upgrade.
- Not waterproof, youll be freaking out every time you take it outside.
- When I switch to video mode I some noise coming inside the Air which caught me off guard. Firmware fixed this issue.
- When viewing my photos on slideshow it will crash time to time. It will suddenly shut out of the app and bring me to the home screen. This doesnt happen every time but its enough to post it from my experience.
- Sometimes my photos will not sync up which was annoying, but an apple employee was able to fix the issue.
- Once out of a hundred times going online the Wi-Fi on Air was dead slow. The solution I found was to shut the tablet down completely and wait for 5 minutes before turning it on again.
- No more built-in mute switch as youll need to go into the control panel if you want to mute the air.
- Full brightness will eat double the amount of battery life when gaming /watching a video, which makes sense. I only wish the Air will notify me when the brightness level has reached its maximum.
- When youre playing some high power games your battery life will fall dramatically. Not a good idea if youre planning a road trip and all you have is real racing.
- Its like a book so its annoying when youre at a concert and some guy in front of you takes this out. Youre basically going to view the concert on what hes filming. Not a great idea if you want to meet new friends.
- The speakers are not in the best place as I sometimes have my hands covering them when Im watching something in landscape form. Hope one day Apple will build a tablet with front facing speakers.
- Front facing camera is identical to the iPhone 6 which is perfectly fine.
- Touch ID works like a charm and still is unable to function if your fingers are sweaty. If youre at the gym with this I advise that you switch to the digital password as your fingers will be sweaty and the Touch sensors will not recognize it (at least that is what I do).
I can summarize it in two words: future proof. This tablet is fast, slim, beautiful in quality and design. The battery life is accurate in what Apple has stated and is almost a device that you can replace your computer with. Like any device, there are some glitches but firmware updates have fixed the problem as I honestly cant find a hard line reason why not to buy this Air.
Personally, I dont like taking videos or pictures with this if Im out. This device is not built to take it to a festival and start filming with it as my iPhone can do a great job on its own. When I see someone who trying to film with any iPad I only see a giant magnet attracting pickpockets. Now if Im at home thats a different story because I will be using this first when a party or a special event is happening.
If youre into filming and photography this a great device to begin your career as is cheaper and easier to use than paying a hefty price for high-end equipment, if you’re still trying to get into these industries (keep in mind that 32GB is not that much). But if this is still out of your price range then I recommend the Galaxy Tab or Nexus as these are also great alternatives to the Air.
Overall its a great tablet, but its only a tablet. With only a 32GB storage (not taking into account ICloud) this is not a 2 in 1 tablet as this is a device youll get after your computer. The Surface Pro is still considered the best around for 2 in 1 tablets as the Apple needs to enter this market soon. The IPad Air 2 is an experience enough to go into Best Buy to see it for yourself. This is the perfect time to buy because the pricing is dropping on these devices and even if the next iPad Air models come out this one will still hold its ground. Verdict: Its almost perfect and is a real treat for those who have it (its brand new).
Hopefully I was a help to you,