Amazon Review by JJCEO
1112 people found the following review helpful
Longer lasting power, faster, lighter, with free top quality apps to download!
I use an Apple iPad about 6 to 8 hours a day. I own an iPad 2 and 3 and now this new iPad Air version. My main reasons for updating were that I literally fill up my 64 GIG iPad every day or two with videos and photos that I shoot. Having this larger version at 128 GIG allows me to work longer and add more to my iPad. In addition this new version is much lighter and easier to use all day long. Even though the battery is smaller in capacity than my iPad 3 the battery life is longer and it is very noticeable. This is because the faster A7 CPU and the motion chip actually use less power.
Please watch my video as I go into more details in it.
I immediately noticed the increase in speed. The unit connects to the WIFI faster, synchs with iTunes faster, downloads emails faster and speeds up your web browsing. The differences are very noticeable and enjoyable as a user. The dual speakers are a nice change but I also use a lot of Bluetooth speakers to enhance the sound of the iPad.
In my video I do a size and weight comparison to an iPad 2, an iPad 3 and the iPad Air. I also show how the basic set up takes place and for advanced users you can just speed through that portion of the video. The iPad 2 weighs 1 pound 5 1/8 ounces, the iPad 3 weighs 1 pound 7 1/8 ounces, and the iPad Air weighs 1 pound and ounce. The iPad Air is narrower but has the same screen size. The left and right edges of the iPad are thinner on the sides of the useable screen and you can see that in the video.
Here are the key improvements for me:
- Much lighter in weight
- Thinner, smaller design with the same screen size
- Much faster when synching with iTunes
- Much faster when browsing the web
- Much faster when downloading emails
- Stronger WIFI connection and faster WIFI synching
- A more powerful AC wall adapter with 5.2 VDC and an output of 2.4 Amps. It charges at 12 watts of power. It operates at 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz and it is UL approved. It features folding AC wall plugs for easy packing when traveling.
- Lower CPU and motion chip power consumption that makes the smaller/lighter internal battery last longer! This is very noticeable!
- As usual a beautiful high resolution retina screen with 2048 by 1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch. You can see the difference in the photos, videos and reading quality of the screen.
- Dual speakers in the bottom
- Free high quality Apps
- Remember to download these from Apple!
Overall this is a superior product that really outperforms the older iPads that I have. I was disappointed that the new iPad Air did not have the home button with the fingerprint sensor built in. Since I have used it with my iPhone 5S I have really become attached to it and it just seems like a way to cheapen the unit and be more competitive instead of showing and using the enhanced technology. I would have paid a little more for the iPad Air with that sensor.
This is still a 5 star product and I recommend it as a very good tablet.
This tablet is still working well. Great quality!