4.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 982 customers
    4.8 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 2 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• Completely redesigned, the new Magic Trackpad 2 features a built-in battery, Force Touch, a much larger surface, and pairs automatically with your Mac.
  • Four force sensors under the surface of the Apple Magic Trackpad 2 detect subtle differences in how much pressure you apply. You get increased functionality and a deeper connection to your content.
  • Lots of workspace – the edge-to-edge glass surface area of the Magic Trackpad 2 is nearly 30 percent larger than the previous Magic Trackpad.
  • Long-lasting power: your Magic Trackpad 2 stays powered up for about 1 month after every charge.
  • Sleek – the low profile design makes scrolling and swiping through your favorite content more productive and comfortable than ever.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by MrX8503 :star::star::star::star::star:

91 people found the following review helpful

A worthy upgrade from the already great original Magic Trackpad

The standout feature of the Magic Trackpad 2 (MT2), is Force Touch (not 3D Touch). Force Touch is the same technology found in the Apple Watch and newer Macbook Pros. It allows you to Force Click (deep press) to activate new functionalities in apps. Some of the functionalities are listed below: - Look up the definition or wiki page of a word - Preview web links - Get tracking details from tracking numbers - Annotate image/pdf attachments in Mail app - Fast forward or rewind video in quicktime based on finger pressure

Force Touch also allows the trackpad to have even clicking across the entire trackpad. The trackpad doesn’t physically click, but rather the click is simulated through a combination of haptic feedback and audio from the built in speaker. The simulated click is very convincing and IMO superior to the real click from the MT1, which incorporates a diving board mechanism that’s only clickable on the lower half of the trackpad.

Other improvements to the MT2 over the MT1:

• 29% more surface area
  • Integrated battery
  • Instant pairing via lighting cable

Speaking of pairing, the MT2 will automatically pair with the included lighting cable. No more fussing with initial paring with bluetooth. You can also use the trackpad in wired mode and the bluetooth will disable itself.

Physical appearance wise, I prefer the aluminum color of the original trackpad, but the white is growing on me. The white color is underneath the glass, so you won’t have to worry about staining or the color wearing out. The angle of of the MT2 is reduced and I prefer it over the original. The extra 29% surface area is attributed to it’s width only, which is great for moving the cursor on wide screen monitors in one swoop. Every dimension of the trackpad (height/angle) matches perfectly with the new Apple Magic Keyboard. This make for a seamless look if you own both peripherals.

This is a worthy upgrade over the original Magic Trackpad. It is expensive yes, but after spending some time with it, I think it was well worth it. Especially considering there’s no other trackpad that matches its build and functionality. If you love the original trackpad, then the Magic Trackpad 2 is definitely worth getting.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Apple Magic Trackpad 2 (MJ2R2LL/A)

Maybe this video can help

Apple Magic Trackpad 2: Unboxing & Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hXayzj-wUY

Best Buy Review by nebo :star::star::star::star::star:

If you have a Mac, get it!

This is simply the best computer peripheral I have ever used. So much so, I don't even want to use my mouse anymore.

It is about a size of a small paperback book. It has plenty of surface area. It also has an internal battery which lasts about 30 days. You charge it using the lightning cable which is provided (you can use it while charging). It can use either the bluetooth or the lightning cable for connectivity to the Mac. I did find this trackpad to be tad more responsive when connected by a lightning cable. But bluetooth responsiveness is more than adequate.

To me, the magic of this trackpad is with the subtleties. It is incredibly responsive to the touch. In fact, you learn to relax your fingers a bit because that seems to work better. Unlike the previous generation, this can also track different pressures you put on. Pinch and zooming, which works on Chrome as well as Safari, is a delightful experience.

From my experience, once you get used to this trackpad, the amount of effort to utilize it decreases and it will become second nature and you will wonder how you have ever used your Mac without it.

Pros:
1)Large. About the size of a small paperback book.
2)Smooth and highly responsive.
3)Pressure sensitive. Good tactile feel.
4)Beautiful.
5)Long battery life (30 days).
6)Works with both lightning connector or bluetooth.
7)Works with Parallels. I can use it with Windows and Linux which are part of my Parallels virtual machines.

Cons:
1)Not cheap.
2)Works only with Mac (as far as I know).

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Apple Magic Trackpad 2 (MJ2R2LL/A)