Apple MMGG2LL/A MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5, 8GB, 256GB,Mac OS X), Silver ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

apple-computer

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::star: by 4349 customers
4.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 230 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 4119 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
  • 8 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM
  • 256 GB PCIe-based flash storage
  • 13.3-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display, 1440 x 900 resolution
  • Intel HD Graphics 6000
  • OS X El Capitan, Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
  • Macbook Air does not have a Retina display on any model.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Charlcon :star::star::star::star::star:

180 people found the following review helpful

The best laptop out there today in every way.

I have used the MacBook Air for the last three years as a middle school teacher. The laptop was a part of our Maine MLTI program for educators and was issued to all teachers for our use throughout the year(s). I immediately fell in love with it because of its incredibly intuitive, powerful, fast and simple user interface. Additionally, it never slowed down over the years and never had a virus or malware issue! As a user of that laptop, it turned a staunch PC person like myself around 180 degrees. I recently retired and I ordered the newest MacBook Air with 8 gigs of ram and the El Capitan operating system from Amazon.com. I just received the laptop and it arrived in pristine condition and was very easy and quick to set up. Another great thing about this laptop is that you can buy an inexpensive Thunderbolt HDMI adapter to hook up to an HDMI monitor and get true HDMI resolution! You can also buy an inexpensive SDXC flash card to increase your drive capacity up to an additional 256 gigs! I believe that this is the best laptop out there today in every way.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Apple MMGG2LL/A MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5, 8GB, 256GB,Mac OS X), Silver

Best Buy Review by MACconvert :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent machine/pricepoint to jump into a mac

I've used PCs forever, but decided to jump on the mac train because it was a great deal, and I wanted something with more portability. Now after a few weeks, I can't believe I didn't do so earlier. There has been no complications with using my android phone after downloading a simple file transfer app on the mac (can't make the full switch to apple, love android).

Pro - battery is amazing…it feels so nice to liberated from the charger for most of my daily use,…I can get a full day use for most days between charges. To complement the excellent battery, love the fast start up with the mac. The trackpad is also legit, surprisingly easy to adjust to and also fast to use. Keyboard is also nice, considering that sometimes thin laptops skimp on the ergonomics for the keyboard to save thickness.

Neutral - weight is somewhat a wash. There are now super portable options from many companies. My requirement was a normal clamshell computer +/- touch screen and the macbook air fits right alongside the other slim/portable options. Processor speed is decent, I have the i5 chip with 8gb of RAM, and it’s sufficient for daily use. I don’t crazy gaming or stats programs, so it’s been fine. Some apps can take an extra 1-2 seconds to load, but it’s not a biggie.

Con - although rare, when the fan needs to come on, like during a game or more processor intense app…the fan is pretty loud. This coupled with somewhat lackluster speakers is kinda meh. Also, would be nice to have a type-c port to help with data transfers and mobile charging, but not critical (at this time at least). Otherwise, nothing else really comes to mind. As a one time thing, it’s also a pain to use an external drive for both mac and PC, but the mac can read the PC format just fine to copy files, the mac just can’t write onto a drive that’s formatted for PC.

Overall - love my decision to get the macbook air. The i5 and 8gb configuration works well for routine use. I was initially deciding between this and the HP spectre (as far as non-touchscreen goes), and I’m glad I went with the cheaper option that has better battery, similar portability, and faster/simpler boot-ups. Even if the spectre was at around the pricepoint and processor specs, I’m not sure if the real-world battery use would compare enough for me to pick the spectre (which does have better speakers and keyboard,…but only so-so trackpad).

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Apple MMGG2LL/A MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5, 8GB, 256GB,Mac OS X), Silver

thank you

Apple MMGG2LL/A MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9aFt66qlsU

@michigan I like it, you should definitely buy it