ARRIS SURFboard AC1600 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (SBG6700AC) Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more (White,Retail Packaging) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

arris-general-instruments

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 26688 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 24944 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1701 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 43 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires CABLE Internet Service and approved for plans upto 1600Mbps.
  • Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
  • Backwards compatible to DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0. 802.11AC Wi-Fi Router provides speeds up to 1600 Mbps. Dual-band concurrent 2.4GHz and 5GHz (Backwards compatible with 802.11b/g/n)
  • Capable of Internet download speeds up to 343 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service. Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
  • 2-port Gigabit Ethernet Router enables flexible, high-speed wired connectivity. Embedded Firewall & Parental Control Protection
  • BROWN BOX models NOT VALID for this item, should report to Amazon immediately and RETURN to Seller. Kindly refer the User Manual before use.
  • DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Requires Cable Internet Service. Backwards compatible to DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0.
  • Compatible with major U.S. Cable Providers such as Comcast/Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cox and others.
  • Capable of Internet download speeds up to 343 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps. Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
  • 802.11AC Wi-Fi Router provides speeds up to 1600 Mbps. Dual-band concurrent 2.4GHz and 5GHz (Backwards compatible with 802.11b/g/n)
  • 2-port Gigabit Ethernet Router enables flexible, high-speed wired connectivity
  • Embedded Firewall & Parental Control Protection
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by T. Hyatt :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

3097 people found the following review helpful

Does the job well/tip for Comcast users

Out of nowhere, I was having excruciatingly slow internet speed on Comcast. The Comcast tech advised that my Motorola SB 4100 was at the "end of life" and that I should upgrade. Skeptical, I purchased this modem which is a DOCSIS 3.0 (and backwards compatible) modem. It worked. I went from a 2mbps download speed to over 17mbps. What a difference. There was one installation glitch that you need to be aware of. When you hook up the modem (connect the coax cable, connect the ethernet cable, and plug it in, that's it), and then try to get online, it will direct you to a Comcast self-activation screen (no other site is available). After entering my account number and phone number and hitting the "next" button, I got a blank screen, and nothing happens. So I called Comcast and they said that usually happens if you are doing an upgrade; it mostly works only for a new service connection. However, it is a simple matter to give the tech your MAC address and the serial number. After about 5 minutes, while he stayed on the line, it came alive, no problem. BUT, here's the thing: the serial number they need is the CUSTOMER serial number. This is only found on the bottom of the Motorola box the modem came in. This is different from the "S/N" serial number that is on the label that is on the instruction sheet and on the bottom of the modem itself. The customer S/N has letters in it; the regular S/N has only numbers in it and is too long. My first Comcast tech didn't know that and it took a day to sort it out. Other than that, it works well with my iMac and Apple Airport Extreme Base wireless router. Enjoy

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: ARRIS SURFboard AC1600 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (SBG6700AC) Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more (White,Retail Packaging)

Best Buy Review by LeeNYC :star::star::star::star::star:

AMAZING router & modem. BUY it!

I have TWC and had a Netgear CG3000D which I bought in 2014. I live in a hi-rise coop in Queens on the 14th floor (with over 200 units).

I only used the Netgear for WiFi internet (no ethernet cable). I work from home in my “office”. The modem/router is in the living room and my home office is about 30 feet away. In the morning, the connection would be fine. By 2p or so, I couldn’t load any pages (granted I don’t have the fastest speed available - paying the cheapest available). Speedtest wouldn’t even run because there would be little or no connection. Had to unplug the power at least once a day which became very annoying.

TWC came and said it’s the modem/router. The tech guy said to get a new modem/router with 5GHz/“AC”. That will help since I live in a building sharing internet with everyone and there would less interference (a lot of devices use 2.4GHz). If that doesn’t work, he then said to upgrade my speed which I didn’t want to do since I mainly surf the web and write emails.

I read reviews about SBG6700-AC and bought it. It’s AMAZING.

I called TWC and gave them my numbers and I had internet immediately. Setup was easy!

At first, I had my MacBook Pro (in my office) connect it with 2.4GHz. Same thing happened with the Netgear. Very slow connection and would take forever to load my gmail or Facebook pages.

However, when I connected it with 5.0GHz, it was a MIRACLE. Problem solved! I’ve had the Arris for over 2 weeks now and I haven’t had to unplug the power or anything. I run speedtest and I get the speed I’m supposed to get in my office (30 feet away from modem/router in living room) and in my living room.

The modem/router itself is smaller than the one I had for Netgear. Love that.

I am very pleased with the purchase and I don’t have to upgrade my internet speed.

If you are having slow connection speeds, you may just need a router that has 5.0GHz or “AC”. Don’t cave in to the ISP to “upgrade” your speed and pay more if you don’t have to.

The great thing about this too is that you can run 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz at the same time.

I highly recommend the SBG6700-AC.

I called Bestbuy.com and picked it up at my local store. It was ready for pickup in an hour.

Very pleasant purchasing experience and very happy with the purchase (so far).

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: ARRIS SURFboard AC1600 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (SBG6700AC) Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more (White,Retail Packaging)

thank you

How to Install a Cable Modem and Save Money

Walmart Review by Sebastonz :star::star::star::star::star:

41 people found the following review helpful

Great Little Modem

I had been having issues with my rental cable modem since we got it. Though, i didn't know it. I have had 50 mbps speeds for a long time now. Never had my line ever tested even close to that. It was usually around 30 mbps and max it ever tested was around 32-34 mbps. Cable company always used the excuse that the connection was behind a router, so speeds were diminished. So to save 8$ a month rental, i took their modem back to them and bought this modem. After immediate hookup, i tested the line and bam 54 mbps. Consistenly @ 50 mbps. Built in router. Functions great. Bought it just about a month ago and never has it tested below 48 mbps. So, i may be upgrading to the 100 mbps package, since now i will be able to use it.

Very easy to setup. Just call ISP and provide the MAC address for the modem and it was up and going within minutes.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: ARRIS SURFboard AC1600 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (SBG6700AC) Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more (White,Retail Packaging)

@nolie thanks, have a great day