ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem-Router WiFi (Certified Refurbished) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

arris

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1971 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1858 customers
    3.9 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 113 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
  • Requires CABLE Internet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm
  • Compatible with ALL Major CABLE providers like Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner, Mediacom, Bright House
  • Internet download speeds up to 343 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service
  • Wi-Fi Wireless Router - 802.11n, Dual Band (Backwards compatible with 802.11b/g) & 4-port Gigabit Wired Router. Docsis 3.0 with backward compatibility with 2.0 and 1.x
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Notsatisfied :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

2 people found the following review helpful

Go with dual band

I thought I was purchasing a dual band modem router. This one has 3 and 5, but you have to manually change it. It wont automatically switch to the best for the item that you are using. It doesn't seem to be any faster than the separate modem and router that I had.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem-Router WiFi (Certified Refurbished)

Amazon Review by Reece :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

52 people found the following review helpful

READ THIS to make your router use its full potential

When I first set this up, I was disappointed by the slow download speeds. We have high speed internet from Xfinity at 105 mbps download, but when I ran a speed test, we were only getting about 50 mbps. I was almost about to give up on the router and return it, but I decided to play around with the router settings, and I'm so glad I did, since I can now get a full 105 mbps upstairs, one story above the router. Here are the setup instructions I recommend (note--make sure that all of your devices can support 5ghz; most newer devices should be able to, but if you have an older laptop, you may need to double check):
  1. Set up the router hardware like normal, plugging in the coaxial and power cables into the router.
  2. Connect to the router using your laptop.
  3. Open up a web browser and go to the router setup page (usually 192.xxx.x.x); this exact address can be found on the sticker on the back of the router.
  4. Click on the “Wireless” tab at the top.
  5. Change the 802.11 band from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz.
  6. For “Bandwidth,” change the selection from 20 Mhz to 40 Mhz.
  7. For “Control channel”, select a network that does not say “Interference Level: High”
  8. Apply changes.
  9. On the side tab, click on “Guest Network” and disable it. While this isn’t completely necessary, I’ve found that the main network has slightly higher bandwidth when the guest network is disabled.

I hope this helps!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem-Router WiFi (Certified Refurbished)

Maybe this can help.

Amazing ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/ Wi-Fi N600 Router

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPJnpzucF9I