ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), FHD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, 9hrs battery life ⭐⭐⭐:halfstar::emptystar:

asus-computers

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 155 customers
3.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 155 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• Strong combination of design and business productivity. Incredible battery life with up to 9 hours* to keep you working and productive all day.
  • Affordable price with the right amount of small business security and manageability. TPM security and fingerprint reader for additional security to keep files safe. Designed for the working professional with enterprise performance and superior reliability
  • 7th Gen Intel Core i5 7200U dual core with 8GB of RAM and 1TB 5400RPM HDD. Designed to be powerful, durable, and portable to keep professionals on the go with the security features for peace of mind.
  • 15.6-inch anti-glare FHD panel and upgradable memory door on bottom side for easy access.
  • Total 4 USB ports. 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB2.0. 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA port. (Support dual outputs)
  • Designed to be powerful, durable, and portable to keep professionals on the go with the security features for peace of mind.
  • Kindly refer user manual
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Rick Myers :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

272 people found the following review helpful

A solid business class laptop with a hidden bonus

This is one of the most complete laptops, with a good form factor, that I have had the pleasure of using. Please note that this is *not* a gaming laptop, though some basic games will run fine. It is a well rounded, very competent entry into the business laptop category and should be a consideration, price wise, for those who might be thinking about dropping 2-3 times as much for a surface laptop.

First, the negatives:

1. It is all plastic. When I first saw this online, I thought it was metal top at least, if not entirely metal. Nope, etched plastic made to look like brushed aluminum. F-
  2. It has a DVD in it. What?!??! Did we hop in the DeLorean and ride back to 2007? Totally unnecessary today, as external DVDs are cheap and have a better form factor, plus the space could have been used for 1-2 SSD.
  3. It ships with 8 gigs of ram, which also is a plus (more on that and check the attached photo).

The Positives:

1. SHIPS WITH NO BLOAT WARE!!! HALLELUJAH!
  2. Windows 10 updates to the Creators Edition as soon as you turn it on.
  3. Can drive two external monitors at 1920x1080 with ease.
  4. Keyboard is so-so, a decent size keyboard, but lacks good tactile feel. Call this one even.
  5. Ships with 8GB ram… IN ONE RAM STICK! YAY!

Updating this thing to 16 gigs is a snap. Just remove to the two screws on the back panel and gently slide the panel towards you. You will happily see an empty DDR4 Ram slot for you to put another one in. It is highly recommended you get another 8 gig ddr4 ram chip right away. You will see some improved performance since Double Data Rate 4 chips want to be installed in pairs. From an article…

“As was already stated, in order to optimize memory performance so that it operates in “dual channel” mode, you need to have matched pairs of memory sticks installed. If you have just one stick of the required pair your memory will operate in the less-than-optimal “single channel” mode.”

So, the memory in my Asus is Samsung 8gb PC4-2400T. For optimal memory performance, the chips must have the same timing and latency numbers. I’m going to try to find the specific memory chips and paste a link here… I’m not sure you will get the best performance if you use other chips.

Edit: Found it. I did not find the memory chip on Amazon, but did find it on a certain "egg"y other site, of the "new"ish variety. The chip is SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK MEMORY 8G 1Rx8 PC4-2400T-SA1 (8G DDR4 2400), and you can find it directly by googling "Samsung DDR4 M471A1K43881-CRC. I’d do a direct link to the other online retailer, but I understand that through the Amazon EULA everyone agreed to, if I did that Jeff Bezos would get to punch me in the groin. It’s true you have to watch what you are agreeing to with those things.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), FHD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, 9hrs battery life

Check this video

Must See Review! ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5G..

@nolie Thanks :+1: