ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 15.6" FullHD Gaming Laptop,Intel Core i76700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070,256GB PCIE SSD+1TB HDD,Windows 10,Black Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

asus-computers

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 518 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 518 customers
    3.9 out of 5

Features

• 6th generation Intel Core i7 quad core processor and with a discrete NVIDIA Ge-Force GTXTM 1070 graphics.
  • 15-inch IPS G SYNC panel with wide 160 viewing angles and Windows 10 pre-installed.
  • 0.94-inches thick and 4.8 pounds for superior portability.
  • GL502VSDB71: 256GB M.2 PCIE SSD + 1TB HDD for ideal balance of fast OS and storage space
  • Red back-lit scissor switch keys offering 1.6mm of travel distance for tactile keystrokes.
  • 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type C Gen 2, Up to 5 hours battery life.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Maria Arango :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

171 people found the following review helpful

faster SSD

I'd like to start off this review by clarifying that this laptop does indeed have a M.2 256GB Samsung NVMe SSD, asus, amazon, and notebookcheck would lead you to beleive it has a M.2 SATA 3 drive. No, NVMe and it's very fast.

Next, the size of the device. it’s alot larger than the photos would lead you to believe. it’s height is about one inch, which is fine, but a little wide. as a matter of fact when I took the laptop out of the box for the first time, I thought it was a 17" model. nope, 15"6. Not bad tho if you take into consideration the performance… which leads to the next topic…
this laptop is very Powerful. it’s crushes my 3 year old gtx 780ti. its maxing out my entire steam library with ease… just make sure you keep it plugged in, or else performance will drop significantly.

as far as build quality, its better than decent imo. plastic but a solid design.
I do have some complaints tho…

1. the touchpad is slightly less than decent imo. Once you get oil on it, finger glide is noticeablly different. The click also is missing a certain crispness that I felt from other laptops. It’s not a deal breaker by anymeans, but I would recommend a mouse.

2. speakers are meh, not horrible by any means but no bass. I would recommend headphones.

3. the FN KEY is very annoying. if you want to use the numpad, screen brightness, speakers, and more you need to use the FN key. Maybe there are setting to bypass this but as far as I know, it’s just a hassle to use.

The laptop runs fairly loud and hot when under full load during stress tests. as far as heat goes, temp ussally stay between 80-90c for both the GPU and CPU. The CPU tends to be hotter occasionally dipping into the low 90s.(I tested in a 72f room.) as far as regular gaming, in GTA 5 the temps and fan were much lower and quieter During gameplay. The fans do a great job of keeping the keyboard cool and heat is dispersed properly from the rear vents.
The laptop is a bit larger than first thought, but if you take into consideration the type of power this laptop has within it’s chassis, its extremely portable.

This laptop is for the gamer on the go. coming from an i7-4770k/gtx 780ti full gaming rig, I’m more than satisfied with this product.

The laptop’s i7-6700HQ/gtx 1070 w/16gbs of ram DDR4 really ensure that the system is future proof and will easily do 1080p/60hz on high for at least 2-3 years.

asus GL502VS has the ability to crush any game and anywhere.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 15.6" FullHD Gaming Laptop,Intel Core i76700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070,256GB PCIE SSD+1TB HDD,Windows 10,Black

here is a nice youtube video

Latest ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 15.6" Full HD Republic of Gamers Strix Gaming Laptop Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rCGo7N6dLA