ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

asus

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8509 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8235 customers
    4.3 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 208 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 66 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• Slim Design 21.5-inch Full HD Wide Screen LED display and Quick 5 ms response time delivering smooth video display
  • Aspect Control function allows users to select a preferred display mode among Full and 4:3 for true-to-life gaming or movie watching without any data loss or image distortion.
  • Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with straight viewing.
  • Splendid Video Intelligence Technology optimizes video performance and image fidelity by enhancing color, brightness, contrast, and sharpness.
  • 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically enhances the display’s contrast to delivering lifelike images. Inputs of D-Sub, DVI, HDMI.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Amazon Customer :star::star::star::star::star:

688 people found the following review helpful

Good monitor

I ordered two of these and a dual monitor stand. After much research I had a few hesitations about ordering these as they are the same hardware it appears as the VS238H which as a lot of reviews here and on new egg.

So to address the complaints I saw in 1% of the reviews.

First complaint I saw was the stands. I can see how the stands could leave a little to be desired but these things are so light and thin a more substantial base would look out of place. I personally wouldn’t let this take away from the monitor. Since I am not using the included stands that is where I will leave this.

The second issue I had seen people complain about was the uneven back light. If you look for it in darker modes under motion you can see it a little. Still nothing I would choose not to buy it over, and maybe they refined it in the VS238H-P from the VS238H.

The third issue I had seen on other reviews was color, like most LCD’s its not true to life, but with some effort on the adjustment it looks great.

The back light at 100% is too bright for my taste, so turning it down to about 50% is where I like it.

Motion is smooth, fonts are crisp. I’m using a modified graphics driver that allows me to set the resolution over VGA to full 1080p I had seen some people complain that it wasn’t as crisp using VGA but I think that is a driver/video card issue (or user error) more than a monitor issue. At 23 inch 1080p is the perfect size the fonts a good size, my laptop has 1050 vertical resolution on a 15 inch and it can make things too small. I wouldn’t go any bigger without going to a higher resolution which is hard to find. However use DVI if at all possible and if using dual monitors make sure to use two DVI not a VGA and DVI.

The backs are a carbon fiber style texture which look good (I could see it collecting dust though). The front bezel is piano black (glossy) I will never understand this trend, but in my set up I have no light behind we to deal with.

For the price these can’t be beat, if you are a high end graphics designer or photo editor you should look at a higher price point. Programmers, CAD, data entry, web browsing, gaming, and just about ever other use these are perfectly fine. I do not have any stuck or dead pixels that I have noticed.

I’m not sure you could improve this monitor without greatly increasing the cost.

UPDATE
If you are having issues with the font try different view modes the Scenery modes don’t do fonts justice.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

Walmart Review by Joker89 :star::star::star::star::star:

29 people found the following review helpful

GREAT

Perfect. Slightly bigger then what I wanted, but for less then some of the smaller models with less going for them, who wouldn't buy it? If your looking for a new monitor, look no further.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

@barbarogailee Thank you

Here is a youtube video

Top 5 Gaming Monitors under 140$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43eeehhJHw

Best Buy Review by wehowardjr :star::star::star::star::star:

Quality product

I received my Asus monitor and it works perfectly. I already own one so I knew how well it would perform. I was thrilled when I saw that it was on clearance so I bought a second one at a great price to go with dual monitors. Makes multitasking so much easier without having to constantly switch back and forth between windows on one monitor.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor