ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

asus

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8287 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8235 customers
    4.3 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 39 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 13 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• Slim Design 24" display with 1920x1080 resolution and Quick response time of 2ms (GTG) eliminates ghosting and tracers for more fluid video playback.
  • Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with straight viewing.
  • Exclusive Splendid Video Intelligence Technology automatically optimize image quality with intelligent color, brightness, contrast and sharpness
  • 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically enhances the display’s contrast to delivering lifelike images. Inputs of HDMI, D-Sub, DVI-D.
  • Corporate Stable Model program, the VS series is guaranteed to remain in stable supply for a minimum of 1 year.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Amazon Customer :star::star::star::star::star:

688 people found the following review helpful

Good monitor

I ordered two of these and a dual monitor stand. After much research I had a few hesitations about ordering these as they are the same hardware it appears as the VS238H which as a lot of reviews here and on new egg.

So to address the complaints I saw in 1% of the reviews.

First complaint I saw was the stands. I can see how the stands could leave a little to be desired but these things are so light and thin a more substantial base would look out of place. I personally wouldn’t let this take away from the monitor. Since I am not using the included stands that is where I will leave this.

The second issue I had seen people complain about was the uneven back light. If you look for it in darker modes under motion you can see it a little. Still nothing I would choose not to buy it over, and maybe they refined it in the VS238H-P from the VS238H.

The third issue I had seen on other reviews was color, like most LCD’s its not true to life, but with some effort on the adjustment it looks great.

The back light at 100% is too bright for my taste, so turning it down to about 50% is where I like it.

Motion is smooth, fonts are crisp. I’m using a modified graphics driver that allows me to set the resolution over VGA to full 1080p I had seen some people complain that it wasn’t as crisp using VGA but I think that is a driver/video card issue (or user error) more than a monitor issue. At 23 inch 1080p is the perfect size the fonts a good size, my laptop has 1050 vertical resolution on a 15 inch and it can make things too small. I wouldn’t go any bigger without going to a higher resolution which is hard to find. However use DVI if at all possible and if using dual monitors make sure to use two DVI not a VGA and DVI.

The backs are a carbon fiber style texture which look good (I could see it collecting dust though). The front bezel is piano black (glossy) I will never understand this trend, but in my set up I have no light behind we to deal with.

For the price these can’t be beat, if you are a high end graphics designer or photo editor you should look at a higher price point. Programmers, CAD, data entry, web browsing, gaming, and just about ever other use these are perfectly fine. I do not have any stuck or dead pixels that I have noticed.

I’m not sure you could improve this monitor without greatly increasing the cost.

UPDATE
If you are having issues with the font try different view modes the Scenery modes don’t do fonts justice.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

Walmart Review by Nicoleky001 :star::star::star::star::star:

15 people found the following review helpful

This is a very good monitor. 1080P with an HDMI Port which is exactly what I was looking for. There are plenty of options to customize the color. I have not noticed any ghosting. I have owned many different monitor brands over the years but this is my first time getting an Asus. I am very happy with it and I will be considering them in the future. One thing to keep in mind if you plan to use HDMI you will need to purchase the cable as it does not come with one (not a big deal it cost me $4 to get one).

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

thank you

Newegg TV: ASUS VS Series LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_RwcqVMJo

Best Buy Review by Modred189 :star::star::star::star::star:

Great monitor quality for the price.

Since I already had an IPS monitor for photos, my older LED monitor for gaming was tarting to die, and I needed a replacement. To date, this monitor has been fantastic. Easy to set up, easy to calibrate, and VERY good image quality (actually close to the Asus IPS next to it).

The 2ms response time means less ghosting and better gaming and movie image quality than the IPS.

Last, this monitor has VESA mounts so I could mount the monitor on the articulating arms I have so it is up off the desk.

The only complaint I had was the monitor came with VERY little documentation, and removing the base was not intuitive.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor