Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether, Yellow Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

baby-banana

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 6173 customers
4.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 6161 customers
    4.7 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 12 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• Award winning, best-selling, parent recommended
  • Dishwasher and freezer friendly
  • Made in the USA
  • Baby Banana Brush is safer than hard plastic toothbrushes
  • Develops good oral hygiene early, preventing cavities later
  • Thick bristles intended to massage sore teething gums
  • A-peel-ing handles are easy for little hands to hold
  • Recommended for ages 3-12 months
  • Now available in a variety of colors to suit any baby’s style
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Jillybean59226 :star::star::star::star::star:

507 people found the following review helpful

Information.......

This item has caused somewhat of a debate between customers. It seems that many have used this as a teether and the bristles have come off causing negative reviews. These reviews have been met with some belligerence from parents who have purchased and had great experiences with this product and feel as though the problem is more in line with lack of parental guidance and understanding, rather then the product itself. Id like to add my 2 cents, as well as some new info.

First off, I have found that the defending parents are correct in their assessment that this product states nowhere in the description that this is a teether, perhaps parents are coming to the conclusion that this is a teether by the references the description makes to " soothing the gums"?

While I do agree that parental guidance is necessary with any product you give your child and do feel that this along with better understanding the design and use intended for products plays a large role in preventing injury and hazards in children. I also have to agree with the customers who feel that this product should have made with more durability, as should any product intended for babies/toddlers, as it will endure rough use.

Everyone here is missing the obvious, whether this product is advertised as a teether or toothbrush is irrelevant. Children in the age bracket this product targets do not posses the ability or understanding as of yet to brush their teethe. Any item placed in their mouth will be met with the instinct to chew and will become a teether at any rate.

This is advertised as a product that “encourages” oral hygiene and tooth-brushing skills and should have been designed and created with the durability to withstand the chewing that will inevitably take place, no matter in what fashion a parent allows their child to use it.

I have found some new info that may be of interest to anyone who is considering purchasing this item and may put any negativity or debate regarding this product to rest.

I happen to find this item and therefore all of the controversy surrounding its use while looking at it for almost 18 month old daughter. After coming to the conclusion that this product is not for us, as it is recommend until age 12 months, I found the second step toothbrush offered by this same company. It is very similar in design to this one, the only real difference being, no handles and the shape is designed in a way that allows for more real tooth-brushing.

Upon reading those reviews, it seems that some of the same problems were taking place with this one also, bristles coming off after children brushed several times with it or chewed on it a bit, as they will still do this at toddler age as well, especially while molars are breaking through.

A new review was posted and it seems that the company, upon reading and hearing of the issues and realizing so many parents were using this as a teether for extended periods, has redesigned both of these products and the new design includes reinforced bristles. They both have this new design, however this product has the strongest bristles as it is designed for children under 12 months and will probably be met with more chewing.

So it seems that all of your complaints were heard and anyone who orders this product now will receive the newer tougher design. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether, Yellow

Walmart Review by No1Grandma :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

7 people found the following review helpful

Unsafe!!

This product is unsafe and should be recalled!! My 11 mo old grandson was able to bite off the bristles and swallowed them! I bought this very same product for him at Target. I'm very concerned about the potential for a child to choke on these bristles. Please pull these from your shelves and initiate a voluntary recall before a child is harmed.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether, Yellow

@liesbeth Thanks