BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (HT2050) - 3D Home Theater Projector with All-Glass Cinema Grade Lens and RGBRGB Color Wheel Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

benq

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 225 customers
4.5 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 194 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 26 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 5 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• HIGH RESOLUTION: 3D 1080p projector with ANSI Brightness of 2,200 Lumens, 15,000:1 contrast, premium RGBRGB Color Wheel and ISFccc Certified Calibration for Day/Night viewing
  • QUIET PROJECTOR: Whisper quiet operation, with the lowest fan noise in its class allows viewers to hear the movie, not the projector.
  • SHORT THROW PROJECTOR: Easy installation and setup with a diagonal screen size of 60" - 180", 1.3x zoom, Vertical Lens Shift and a throw ratio of 1.15 - 1.5 (79" @ 2m)
  • ENERGY EFFICIENT PROJECTOR: Includes SmartEco technology for energy conservation and auto standby mode to save energy and prolong lamp life
  • lamp lasts up to 7,000 hours
  • RELIABLE BRAND: BenQ is the #1 best-selling DLP projector brand worldwide with 1 year warranty for parts and labor
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Bubby :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Projector

The projector works great I haven't noticed any rainbow effect. I also haven't noticed any lag while playing video games. I use projector mainly for movies and concerts. Color pops nicely. Also has a great picture even with daylight in room or even with lights on. Shipping was fast site to store only took 3days.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (HT2050) - 3D Home Theater Projector with All-Glass Cinema Grade Lens and RGBRGB Color Wheel

Amazon Review by West :star::star::star::star::star:

97 people found the following review helpful

This is my first projector and I'm really happy with it

This is my first projector and I'm really happy with it. I can't believe what I've been missing out on. The picture is fantastic, even the black levels in darker type movies are great. We have been using it for movies, TV shows and video games with a PlayStation...zero lag noticed with fast pace gaming. I got carried away with all the reviews and comparisons out there on different projectors. They pretty much all have good reviews, just pick one and roll with it. I was torn between this one and the HT3050($999), I decided to save $200 and do not regret it. If the picture is off a little I'd never know it...it looks every bit as good as my 46" tv and probably better. We are using it with the factory default vivid mode and like it the best. It is lightweight, small and looks nice. I was going to go with the BenQ 1070 to start with but I figured I'd spend a little more and get a newer model to help with resale down the road.

I have 7 foot ceilings so I made my own mount to put it basically directly against the ceiling. The image is just a hair below the centerline of the lens(when mounted upside down) and can be adjusted farther down. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to put the screen as high as I wanted but it worked out well. I bought an Elite Screens Sable Frame B2 Series, 110" screen SB110WH2($259), really nice screen by the way. I’ve added a picture so you can see roughly how high the screen is and how the projector is mounted(picture taken right after screen/projector was mounted,wires and sound system not dealt with yet) I used 1/2" thick by 2 1/2" wide aluminum bars, 18" long to reach over 16" on center floor joist’s. I did have to machine some areas because there are some plastic sections that protrude down on the bottom of the projector. I also removed the rear adjustable feet and the pad from the front foot so the 1/2 thick mount would seat against the ceiling. Honestly a good hard 1/2" thick wood could be used for a more easily made mount…it really is light. I mounted the projector to the mounts then the mounts to the ceiling. I’m mounted about 9.5 feet from the screen and I did add about 3/32 worth of shim between the back legs of the mount and the ceiling to bring the image up just a little more. It did not affect the image squareness and helped get the screen a little closer to the ceiling. I did not use any keystone adjustment.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (HT2050) - 3D Home Theater Projector with All-Glass Cinema Grade Lens and RGBRGB Color Wheel

Best Buy Review by Kelsayed :star::star::star::star::star:

Great projector

I did a lot of research. After looking at different features, I decided to get the Benq HT2050. I have it in my basement, mounted on the ceiling about 155 inches from my 120 inches electric screen and it fills it perfectly. It has a fair amount of zoom to adjust the distance but I did not need it. The built in speakers are awesome. I have it hooked to Sony STR-HD520 receiver and the sound is perfect coming out of the Yamaha and Polk Audio speakers (7.1). The only inconvenience is that I have to mute the native speakers or there is a noticeable echo. The 3D quality is very good and it paired with glasses effortlessly. There is no lag while playing the Xbox either.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (HT2050) - 3D Home Theater Projector with All-Glass Cinema Grade Lens and RGBRGB Color Wheel