Amazon Review by JJCEO
45 people found the following review helpful
This is an excellent digital projector for your home entertainment system or your office!
This is an excellent DLP projector for your home entertainment system or your office to make presentations. Its 2000 lumen lamp works well in bright rooms or darkened rooms. The bulb has a life time of 3500 hours when used in the normal mode and 5000 hours when used in the economic power mode. It has 1920 by 1080 DPI resolution and it can project a picture size of 5 feet in diagonal up to 15 feet in diagonal depending on the distance the projector is positioned from the wall.
There are two programming menus and one is the basic menu and the other is the advanced menu. The unit was easy to set up and I used the HDMI input for a PS3 and I used the basic menu and it was up and running in just minutes.
What’s in the box?
- The projector
- The quick start guide which is not the best guide I have seen.
- The power cord that is 9 feet and 9 inches long
- The remote control with a working range of 26 feet
- Two AAA batteries for the remote control
- A CD with the complete user manual on it and this manual is good.
- A contact card for USA warranty service
This projector has a lot of handy features built in and I have listed some of the key ones below for your information:
Trapezoidal picture correction and even in an automatic adjustment mode
You can invert the projected image if you hang the projector from the ceiling.
Project 2D and 3D images. My PS3 even recognized it has a 3D mode and asked if it could play games in 3D when available.
Compensate for wall color and in my case I was shooting onto a light gold wall and I set it for light yellow compensation and it worked perfectly. I show this in my video.
You can project a test pattern to allow you to properly set up the projected image
Dual 10 watt speakers on the rear of the projector
Vertical lens shift
It is powered by 100 to 240 VAC at 50/60 Hertz and it draws 4 amps
The unit has a front and a top sensor for the remote control signal detection in case you mount the unit upside down on the ceiling.
There are numerous rear ports for your use:
- HDMI 1 for high quality input from your cable controller or gaming system.
- HDMI 2/MHL to allow you to connect to your smart phone or tablet for example.
- 12V trigger to allow you to control an automatic motorized screen drop system or automatically control a light dimmer.
- USB port rated at 1.5 Amps to power the optional wireless video input box.
- Mini USB port which is used for service
- PC VGA style port to connect a computer
- RS232 port for use with a computerized home entertainment system.
- Component RCA input ports
- RCA Video port
- Audio in left and right RCA plug ports
- Audio in 3.5 mm port
- Audio out 3.5 mm port rated at 5 watts times 2 channels
The Quick Start Guide provides limited data and uses various pictures to define data that is not easily comprehended. I found it difficult to understand. The user manual on the CD is 63 pages long and much more useful. The pictorials in the larger digital manual actually have written text to describe what they mean. The manual on the disc is good and you may want to print it out like I did for reference.
This is an excellent projector and the projected picture quality is amazing. I rated this at 5 stars.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest