4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8871 customers
    4.3 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 750 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• Easy scrubber flips down to reach into grout and crevices, martSet steam control for everything from light cleaning to heavy messes
  • Spring breeze fragrance discs provide a fresh, clean scent while you mop
  • Removable water tank you can easily fill at the sink
  • Low-profile mop head gets into corners and edges, 25’ power cord
  • Sanitizes with steam, killing 99 percent of germs and bacteria when used as directed
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Deballie :star::star::star::star::star:

4078 people found the following review helpful

Great machine for a reasonable price and even cleans 10-year old grout! Pics below.

I generally don't leave reviews especially if one has such high ratings and thousands of reviews. However,I felt compelled to review this one because when I was deciding to purchase or not, I didn't see my particular concern listed, which was: can or will it effectively clean our 10-year old grout? My husband always did the mopping because his strength lended itself to being more effective and faster (plus I hated mopping and the mess that came with it!). Unfortunately, I lost my husband unexpectedly a few months ago and realized I would now be the one mopping. I decided to once again research the steam mops. I have always been frustrated with how awful our grout looks, through 3children now grown and two labs and 2 cats, plus a husband with forever muddy, dirty work boots. I have to say, this mop deserves its 5-stars even with a few minor concerns (see below).

First, the pros:

1. Easy to put together-takes maybe a minute including the time to grab the screwdriver to put the handle on.
  2. Price is beyond reasonable, in my opinion
  3. Love never having to buy cleaners again!
  4. Steam is great - heats up super quick and if general cleaning can cover most of my 800 sf of flooring in the about 20 min that the tank lasts (which was a concern because it used to take a good hour with a reg mop!).
  5. Changing/refilling the water if you need to is as easy as pulling it out of the handle and taking the lid off. Takes about 30 seconds to complete the process and be back to mopping.
  6. Cleaned my grout!!! Granted I used the little scrubber brush on the back of the unit (which I do wish were a little longer), but I carefully pressed on it with my foot so it would “scrub” and reach down in the gap, and in two min time it went from black to nearly new clean. I expect over time it will only improve. *note- see below for warnings/concerns with regards to this aspect
  7. Floors were clean and almost instantly dry even with 2-3 run overs.
  8. You can let it “sit” on an area particularly hard to clean and it will also sanitize after about 15 seconds
  9. It gets super hot - yes, it really does steam steam (much like a new iron does when you press the steam button)
  10. No residue left on the floor.
  11. Worked on hard tile as well as hardwood floors.
  12. Light -easy to carry upstairs, etc. And has a decently long cord so you don’t have to keep unplugging room to room.

Now, not sure these are “cons” but perhaps more of concerns/cautions to not be misleading I any comments above:

1. When using your foot to press down on the scrubber be careful! The steam can burn your toes (yes, it gets that hot - which is good!) and can also make them wet so you could slip/fall easily. It took me some practice but so far have still found it the preferred way to go - though perhaps a scrubbie by hand could work as well if you really wanted to go that route (or had kids in need of “making amends”).
  2. While I said above that the floors remain relatively dry even after a few swipes, I need to mention that if trying to deep clean the floors can become quite wet esp with the highest steam setting. This is in part due to the high steam level combined with the mop head getting saturated and no longer able to absorb the water or dirt. At this point you can either have spare mop heads or follow up with a towel or other mop to dry the door and pick up the loosened dirt (easier than actual mopping as the hard part is done!). Again this isn’t a defect simply a matter of practicality and really only an issue if you become obsessed as I did once you see the dramatic difference you can achieve with this thing! Regardless it can become quite slippery and even a little “messy” so wanted to mention.
  3. If you leave the steamer on a spot for too long, at least with my porcelain floor, the flooring retains that heat for some time and can burn your feet if you’re not wearing shoes (just a matter of prob 5-10 min but again, yes it gets that hot!). Not a big deal, but surprised my feet when I happened to step on them - not a big deal for adults, but if you have crawling or walking toddlers maybe good to know (however on the plus, they now can literally eat off the floor without concern due to the sanitizing properties). :slight_smile:
  4. While I did use tap water, you really should (and I will be going forward) use filtered water. I just didn’t have any on hand and didn’t want to run out because it was Christmas Eve.
  5. While it fits beside toilets and gets in small spaces, getting the grout right up next to cabinets or walls, etc will prob require some old fashioned getting on ground and using some “Goo Gone” cleaner and scrubbing. Note, it will clean up against the walls, just not easy to scrub there.

Now with that said, proof is in the pudding so to speak, and so I included a before and after of one area of my floor so you can judge for yourself. The time lapse was approx 2min using highest steam and a little foot pressure on the scrubbie. For the close up you can tell it’s the same area because I believe there’s a crack in one of the tiles - though even that became less noticeable after cleaning! :slight_smile:

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop, 1940w

Here is a youtube video

Deadlywind Null/Fibur Carbon Fiber Paintball Barrel Review by HustlePaintball.com

Walmart Review by mattie1 :star::star::star::star::star:

500 people found the following review helpful

Excellent for laminate hardwood floors!

I purchased this mop based soley on reviews (that is why writing reviews is so important). It is all I was hoping for and more. It has 3 steam settings & comes with 2 different washable mop pads (one for rougher surafces & one for smooth). It takes about a minute after turning it on for the mop pad to be wet enough to start moping. There are 3 steam settings - I use medium one. It leaves floors wet for only a few seconds (I assume this is because the steam is so hot that it dries right away) and they are spotless after & no streaking at all. I had a hard time finding a steam mop that did not leave streaks on my laminate hardwood floors - they show everything but when they are clean they sure are beautiful. I have not used the scent disks yet as I wanted to make sure the mop itself was great, so that will be next. The water container is large enought that I do not need to refill it at all while I am moping and the cord is also long enough that I do not need to unplug it and plug it back in.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop, 1940w

@patadm Thanks