4.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1944 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 11 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• High-quality audio performance, with clear sound at any volume. Use the auxiliary input to bring Bose performance to another audio source such as your iPhone or iPad. Upgrade your sound-and your experience-with Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers.
  • High-quality audio performance, with clear sound at any volume
  • Play an additional device-just connect to the auxiliary input
  • Volume control/headphone jack on front of right speaker
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

@fuzal :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Amazon Review by Tomgadgets :star::star::star::star::star:

433 people found the following review helpful

Excellent sound for the price

Bose is known for expensive gear, so for $99, I would say these speakers give you the most sound for the money. Frankly I am astonished Bose could produce a $99 speaker that sounds so good, in view of their expensive speaker lineup.

A bit of background - I currently own the Bose Companion 3 series II, the Soundlink II and the previous version of Companion 2, the Series II. The Series III has better base than the Series II, and slightly better treble, but the Series II has better midrage. Both the Series II and Series III blows the Soundlink II (bluetooth speaker) out of the water. There is simply no comparison. The Series II is good for vocals, Jazz, Classical and the like. The Series III improves on this and sounds better on rock, pop and music with more bass. Of course none of these speakers can compare to the Bose Companion 3. The dedicated sub-woofer of the Companion 3 is orders of magnitude better in bass response, and the two satellite speakers has better high end as well.

Design wise it is very similar to the Series II with the same ports and controls, except it is now in black - which is good because it matches more laptops/PCs. The previous silver version is good but does look a bit out of place on an all black setup (I have black monitor, black laptop and black mouse).

The speaker cable length is just nice, as I do not want too long a cable length to clutter my desktop. Bose is designing this setup for laptops, not so much for desktop PCs.

Overall excellent product from Bose, and definitely well worth the $99!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers

Best Buy Review by DJCypress35 :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent sound for the price

Bose is known for expensive gear, so for $99, I would say these speakers give you the most sound for the money. Frankly I am astonished Bose could produce a $99 speaker that sounds so good, in view of their expensive speaker lineup.

A bit of background - I currently own the Bose Companion 3 series II, the Soundlink II and the previous version of Companion 2, the Series II. The Series III has better base than the Series II, and slightly better treble, but the Series II has better midrage. Both the Series II and Series III blows the Soundlink II (bluetooth speaker) out of the water. There is simply no comparison. The Series II is good for vocals, Jazz, Classical and the like. The Series III improves on this and sounds better on rock, pop and music with more bass. Of course none of these speakers can compare to the Bose Companion 3. The dedicated sub-woofer of the Companion 3 is orders of magnitude better in bass response, and the two satellite speakers has better high end as well.

Design wise it is very similar to the Series II with the same ports and controls, except it is now in black - which is good because it matches more laptops/PCs. The previous silver version is good but does look a bit out of place on an all black setup (I have black monitor, black laptop and black mouse).

The speaker cable length is just nice, as I do not want too long a cable length to clutter my desktop. Bose is designing this setup for laptops, not so much for desktop PCs.

Overall excellent product from Bose, and definitely well worth the $99!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers

Walmart Review by AladdinSane :star::star::star::star::star:

WOW!.....Is all I can say about these speakers!

Bought these from the HP store for my new HP AIO Pavillion desktop which had decent speakers already, But wanted a little more!, So bought these and pluged them in...and WOW what a difference they made for listening to my music while on my PC doing my things I do!, This was my first pair of Bose speakers I have ever owned, and I know there not there best, but with these performing the way they do I cant imagine how great there best speakers would be! Very, Very happy with them!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers