• Voice prompts talk you through Bluetooth pairing, so it’s super easy
  • Kindly check User manual on Product Information for Troubleshooting steps
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Cabby :star::star::star::star::star:

707 people found the following review helpful

Better than the last in every way!!

Pros: - Longer battery life - Longer Bluetooth range - Multi-function button for changing songs - MICRO USB CHARGER!!!

Cons:

• Speakerphone is worthless
  • Voice alerts are gimmicky and generally not useful
  • Heavy for a portable speaker

I owned the SoundLink Mini 1 for a year and a half and I loved it. It traveled with me everywhere; India, Dubai, across Europe, Japan, Singapore… There is nothing like coming back to the hotel room after a long day of work and listening to your music in crystal clear quality cranked up loud enough to annoy your neighbors…beautiful. Long story short everything that was wrong with the SLM 1 (this wasn’t a long list, granted) is fixed in the SLM 2. The improvements in order of importance: Micro USB charging port replaced customer charger, multi function button now allows for song switching and pausing from the speaker, Longer bluetooth range means much less cutting in and out, better battery life (I haven’t tested on a long trip yet) means less charging, voice prompt tells you batter life in 10% increments rather than the cryptic Green/Yellow/Red LED. All in all this is an improvement on the best portable bluetooth speaker out there.

For those who’ve never tried either, what you can expect: Amazing sound quality even at high volumes, great sound output, a substantial (read: heavy) build quality, beautiful exterior, rock-solid functionality (connecting to a phone is fast and simple) and the list continues. Basically, if you’re in the market for something that will last you a long time and you put some value on sound quality this is the speaker for you. Don’t get the old one, get this one.

No product is perfect as you can read above, this is a heavy speaker, even carrying a backpack with other stuff, you will notice the extra weight. The speaker phone does not work, not sure if it’s because I have the soft case on it, but when I tested it, no-one could hear me on the other side, although I could hear the other people on the line just fine. Also, every time you turn it on it is obliged to tell you which device it is connected to and what the battery level is, when all I really want is to listen to my music. It would be better if their was a query button that you could press when you wanted this information. All these problems amount to very little, though as it preforms its core function so well, the sound is so beautiful and clear and to add to that I don’t have to bring an extra charger with me. I would make this purchase any day of the week.

Also for those wondering, the same cases fit this as the SLM 1, so if you already have a case you don’t need to buy another. Check out my pics to see how close in size these two are. The new one is the lighter color.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)

Walmart Review by Corpus Frisky :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

No speaker this size has better sound

I own an original SoundLink Mini, and based on how happy I was with it, I bought a Mini II as well. The Mini II is a nice upgrade from the original. While they both sound the same (excellent), the Mini II has better battery stand-by performance and better Bluetooth connectivity. I am taking away a star for lack of two features. For one, it would be great if this speaker had WiFi and could join the SoundTouch ecosystem of speakers by Bose. I would love it if this speaker could play the same music that other SoundTouch speakers are playing throughout my house. And two, it would be awesome if two SoundLink Minis could be joined wirelessly to work as a stereo pair. I would definitely buy and use two in this manner if it was supported. Here's to hoping the SoundLink Mini III offers these features.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)

check out this video

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II 725192-1110 - Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIXKNmjNLDQ

Best Buy Review by Supermario :star::star::star::star::star:

Better than the last in every way!!

You may have noticed a $20 discount popping up all over the market on the original Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker. That's probably because they were clearing inventory to make room for the new version of this wireless powerhouse of sound. The SoundLink Mini II is simply awesome.

You’ll find more than 5,000 reviews for the original Mini, averaging a 4.7 rating out of 5 Amazon stars. That’s a lot of happy users.

Here’s what they’ve added or changed in the new version:

1. It has an improved lithium-ion battery that takes it up to 10 hours of usage from the original 7 hours. On paper, at least, that’s an increase of over 40%.
  2. It has integrated phone compatibility, so if your paired phone has an incoming call while you’re listening to something on the Mini II, the speaker will take over the audio and ring, and you can press a single button on top of the speaker and use it as your speakerphone. The sound on a call is great, and my caller on the other end said the microphone must be pretty decent because he could hear me very well. As soon as the call ends, the speaker picks up playing your music or podcast.
  3. It has a micro-USB input so you can charge it the way you do most other USB-charged devices. That replaces the proprietary AC input plug they used to have that required you to use their AC adapter. Because there is now direct USB connectivity, Bose promises you’ll be able to download software updates in the future, such as for new Bluetooth compatibility advances.
  4. You can now pair two devices at the same time instead of just one, and it memorizes the Bluetooth settings for the last 6 devices you’ve paired.
  5. There are helpful voice prompts for Bluetooth pairing, identifying the device currently paired and also prompting you through setup.

This is a Bose speaker, so the sound is absolutely amazing. It’s tiny. It weighs 1.5 lbs and it’s smaller than a brick. I’ve never heard such powerful lows in such a small speaker. I can feel the bass vibrations running through my kitchen countertop. The speaker is a mere 2 inches tall, 7 inches wide, and just over 2 inches deep. Picture that, or measure it out. When I first got the speaker running in our kitchen, my wife came downstairs from the bedroom to tell me she couldn’t believe how great it sounded, even upstairs! We’ve had quite a few Bluetooth speakers here, and the difference between the Bose and those in the $35-$100 range is like night and day!

I haven’t tested the range fully, but I can tell you that I’ve had my iPhone in my pocket at times and walked upstairs and to the furthest parts of our house, and the connection hasn’t dropped. I’m sure it has limits, and it may depend on how fully the speaker is charged, how fully your phone is charged, what the walls in your house are made of, and so on. They spec it for 30 feet, but I’m sure there will be variations on that with individual experiences.

There is also an LED power indicator that glows green when the charge is >70%; yellow if it’s 20% to 70%; and red if it’s below 20%.

If “two bills” is within your budget for a Bluetooth speaker, go for it!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)