• Voice prompts talk you through Bluetooth pairing, so it’s super easy
  • Lithium-ion battery plays up to 10 hours on full charge
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Cabby :star::star::star::star::star:

707 people found the following review helpful

Better than the last in every way!!

Pros: - Longer battery life - Longer Bluetooth range - Multi-function button for changing songs - MICRO USB CHARGER!!!

Cons:

• Speakerphone is worthless
  • Voice alerts are gimmicky and generally not useful
  • Heavy for a portable speaker

I owned the SoundLink Mini 1 for a year and a half and I loved it. It traveled with me everywhere; India, Dubai, across Europe, Japan, Singapore… There is nothing like coming back to the hotel room after a long day of work and listening to your music in crystal clear quality cranked up loud enough to annoy your neighbors…beautiful. Long story short everything that was wrong with the SLM 1 (this wasn’t a long list, granted) is fixed in the SLM 2. The improvements in order of importance: Micro USB charging port replaced customer charger, multi function button now allows for song switching and pausing from the speaker, Longer bluetooth range means much less cutting in and out, better battery life (I haven’t tested on a long trip yet) means less charging, voice prompt tells you batter life in 10% increments rather than the cryptic Green/Yellow/Red LED. All in all this is an improvement on the best portable bluetooth speaker out there.

For those who’ve never tried either, what you can expect: Amazing sound quality even at high volumes, great sound output, a substantial (read: heavy) build quality, beautiful exterior, rock-solid functionality (connecting to a phone is fast and simple) and the list continues. Basically, if you’re in the market for something that will last you a long time and you put some value on sound quality this is the speaker for you. Don’t get the old one, get this one.

No product is perfect as you can read above, this is a heavy speaker, even carrying a backpack with other stuff, you will notice the extra weight. The speaker phone does not work, not sure if it’s because I have the soft case on it, but when I tested it, no-one could hear me on the other side, although I could hear the other people on the line just fine. Also, every time you turn it on it is obliged to tell you which device it is connected to and what the battery level is, when all I really want is to listen to my music. It would be better if their was a query button that you could press when you wanted this information. All these problems amount to very little, though as it preforms its core function so well, the sound is so beautiful and clear and to add to that I don’t have to bring an extra charger with me. I would make this purchase any day of the week.

Also for those wondering, the same cases fit this as the SLM 1, so if you already have a case you don’t need to buy another. Check out my pics to see how close in size these two are. The new one is the lighter color.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Pearl)

Walmart Review by Corpus Frisky :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

No speaker this size has better sound

I own an original SoundLink Mini, and based on how happy I was with it, I bought a Mini II as well. The Mini II is a nice upgrade from the original. While they both sound the same (excellent), the Mini II has better battery stand-by performance and better Bluetooth connectivity. I am taking away a star for lack of two features. For one, it would be great if this speaker had WiFi and could join the SoundTouch ecosystem of speakers by Bose. I would love it if this speaker could play the same music that other SoundTouch speakers are playing throughout my house. And two, it would be awesome if two SoundLink Minis could be joined wirelessly to work as a stereo pair. I would definitely buy and use two in this manner if it was supported. Here's to hoping the SoundLink Mini III offers these features.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Pearl)

Check out this youtube video

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II 725192-1110 - Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIXKNmjNLDQ

Best Buy Review by Sola :star::star::star::star::star:

The Best Portable Bluetooth Speaker on the Market

The Bose-SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II is another exceptional product by the renowned audio and sound company Bose. My overall rating of this product can be broken down into a total of 4 different criteria. These criteria are sound quality, durability, compatibility, and portability.

Sound Quality
The sound quality of this product is absolutely fantastic compared to other portable Bluetooth speakers on the market. Bose is known for creating products that produce a full sound with very high audio clarity, and this product is no exception. Even while playing music that contains a high assortment of different instruments, all of the sounds are evenly balanced and work cohesively to present music the way its supposed to sound.

Durability
The SoundLink mini II is amongst the most durable of portable Bose products. I have personally owned this product for about 6 months, and despite the amount of times Ive dropped the speaker on hard surfaces, the quality of the product remains unaffected.

Compatibility
Whether your intention is to use the SoundLink Mini II with a mobile phone, a computer, or any other Bluetooth device, incompatibility is not going be an issue. I have flawlessly been able to pair the speaker with my phone, my laptop, and the cellphones of several different friends. Once the speaker is powered on, all one needs to do is pair their device with the speaker in order to be connected. Once the speaker is connected to your paired device, you can control the volume of the speaker directly from the device you are using.

Portability
The SoundLink Mini II is approximately the size of a water bottle. Its dimensions are 2 inches by 7.1 inches by 2.3 inches, and it weighs less than 2 and a half pounds. When the weather is nice, I often take this Bluetooth speaker with me on hikes. Because its so compact, the speaker can easily be placed in the water bottle carrier of my backpack in order to listen to high quality music out loud and on the go. The wireless range of this product reaches up to 30 feet; therefore, the speaker is very convenient if you want to walk about a room and play music without having to be in close proximity.

One minor concern I had before purchasing this product was the price, which is set at $200. However, because this product has remained in the same condition as when it was newly purchased, the price is very appropriate for the overall quality of the product. The SoundLink Mini II has withstood the test of time, and continues to provide exceptional sound without the fear of diminishing sound quality.

Overall, I would give this product a nearly perfect score out of 5 stars. Ive personally owned this product for over 6 months, and have yet to notice any functionality or sound quality issues. If you enjoy taking long walks outdoors, studying with pleasant background music, or just want to jam out with your friends, the Bose SoundLink Mini II is excellent for these types of situations. Without a doubt, this is the first product I would recommend to anyone who is in the market for a portable Bluetooth speaker.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Pearl)