4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 345 customers
    4.3 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 102 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Like their wired siblings, P7 Wireless utilizes B&W bespoke acoustic technologies to deliver pristine audio on the move. A class leading 17 hours of listening between charges.
  • Charge from your laptop with the supplied USB cable. The P7 Wireless also features and ingenious folding mechanism and comes with a luxury case for ease of portability.
  • The P7 Wireless driver diaphragm borrows key technologies from B&W advanced speaker design, resulting in more precise, controlled movement and a leap forward in headphone sound quality.
  • The P7 Wireless is crafted from the finest materials, including aluminum and sheepskin leather, not just for performance but also luxury and durability.
  • Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless headphones come with a 2 year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com (indicated by ships from and sold by Amazon.com).
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Twister6 :star::star::star::star::star:

98 people found the following review helpful

The PERFECTION of Sound and Design!!!

Unlike most of the other headphones I reviewed in the past, Bowers & Wilkins choose a more "formal tuxedo" look of their box to showcase this new P7 model. There is no flashy presentation with description of every bit and piece of functionality and the spec, they tried very hard to build a suspense!!! The job well done, and once the box cover is off - you are greeted with a smell of a brand new luxury car. Yes, you read it correctly, that was the first impression I got after opening the box, the smell of a fresh premium leather. Upon taking headphones out of the box and unfolding them, you presented with a true work of art with hand-stitched premium real leather padded headband, soft premium leather surrounding foam earcups, beautiful leather accent of outside of earcups along with a brushed metal shields with etched "Bowers & Wilkins", and a precisely crafted chrome tubing which connects earpads to the headband and interweaves with a breaded wire. Adding a smooth headband adjustment mechanism and a cylindrical hinge made out of the same chrome material - these are the best looking headphones I have ever seen. The design strikes a perfect balance between art and functionality, and will make them look great in any environment you decide to wear them, either sitting on the couch at home, or riding on a bus to work, or relaxing during your lunch break outside.

And speaking of comfort, it’s hard to believe these weight 292 grams (including cable). The padding of headband, the softness of over-ear earpads, and the perfect clamping force which brings a decent passive noise isolation - all make up for a very comfortable fitment where I was able to use it for an extended period of time without any physical fatigue. Being able to fold earpieces inward, makes these headphones very compact for traveling When you ready to travel, one of the included accessories is a premium leather quilted storage case in a shape of semi-circle. I’m still on a fence if it looks a bit on a feminine side, but considering unique style of headphones itself - they deserve a unique luxury storage case to match it. In addition to storage bag, included also 1/4" adapter, 2 sets of cables (audio only and with in-line remote/mic), and booklets with various instructions and a history of B&W which I actually found to be very educational. Having removable/replaceable cables is a signature of most of the audiophile headphones, but P7 took it to another level. Instead of a traditional 2.5mm or 3.5mm jack outside of one of the earcups, the jack is actually hosted underneath of earpad. Both of the earpads can be removed thanks to 4 strong magnets that hold it firmly attached. The Left earcup hosts a 2.5mm connector where the angled side of the audio cable goes into. Both of the cables have an identical high quality built with a nicely shielded cable and a gold plated 3.5mm connector accompanied by a chrome plug with a decent strain relief. The only difference between cables is one with a very elegant in-line remote/mic intended for iDevice control with multifunction button that works perfectly with Android phones for play/pause/call, playback control, and Google NOW triggering. In-line remote has the same chrome finish as other metal elements of headphone. Making phones call was crystal clear. Furthermore, I didn’t notice any microphonics effect. As expected, volume buttons were only intended for iDevices.

There is no doubt B&W P7 looks like a million bucks, but does it sound like one as well? You better believe it!!! I usually don’t bring up comparison to other headphones until after the original review, but in this case I’m making another exception. Two of my favorite headphones from recent reviews were Sennheiser Momentum and V-Moda M-100. One had a very detailed balanced sound but lacked in stronger bass, over-ear design was right at the edge of comfort, and it wasn’t compact, while the other one was basshead delight with a compact folding design but a serious V-shaped sound signature due to recessed mids. Here enters the P7 which you can consider as a lovechild of Momentum and M-100 lol!!! It took the best of the both worlds and polished it with more improvements. These are definitely audiophile quality headphones with a very detailed sound across the entire frequency spectrum. Starting with bass you get both, quality and quantity. The bass is very well defined and controlled, definitely punchy with a fast attack while also textured with a supporting layer of sub-bass. Not over powering or bloating, just perfect. Mids are a bit recessed, but still very nicely balanced in a space between bass and treble; very detailed and clear, especially with both male and female vocals. Treble is extended, clear, and doesn’t have those harsh high frequencies that hurt your ears. Gotta say that width of soundstage in these is probably one of the best I ever heard. You feel like you are surrounded by a full size speakers inside of a perfect acoustic room. I have no idea how B&W was able to accomplish that, but this surround space has been fine tuned to perfection where you feel like you are at the front row of a concert. Another great thing about these headphones, no matter how I connected them, directly to my phone or laptop or E18 DAC/amp - they sounded great. I even threw at them a low quality mp3s and streamed some poorly compress audio - I found P7 to be very forgiven while playing everything perfect.

Overall, I can’t say enough great things about these headphones. They combine sound details of all of my favorite individual headphones, and deliver it in one of the best designed packages I have seen. I’m usually very careful about giving out a MUST HAVE recommendation to products I review, especially those which cost $400. But in this case I found headphones that are a pure perfection and worth every penny of that price. I know its a big investment, so I would recommend visiting either Apple or Best Buy (Magnolia show room) to preview these by yourself. In my opinion, if you do value the sound quality, looking for a durable design with a bold statement, and have a budget of $300-$400 - B&W P7 should be at the top of your list!!!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless Headphones

Maybe this can help.

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lFoSnR9hZU

Best Buy Review by Pete :star::star::star::star::star:

The BMW of Headphones

Man, do these make one heck of a first impression. Removing the lid of the box greets you with the unmistakable smell of brand new, genuine leather. From the thick headband to the ear cups, this baby is soft, premium leather all the way. The metal frame that connects them is strong and gives confidence that they're not going to accidentally bend or break from anything but an almost intentional force against them. Here's my first comparison to it's peers. Most every other set, even over $300 is almost completely plastic. This is solid metal and leather through and through. That's already a striking difference and makes a good argument for a higher price tag. It's obviously a higher quality product with better materials. I also like that the ear cups are removable and magnetically attached. Should there be an unrepairable break or tear, just buy a new set and pop them on. Underneath the left cup is where the cord attaches. This is also a great idea as the port tends to get damaged when the cord is pulled or water seeps in. You can tell there was a lot of thought put towards the design. The picture doesn't do these justice. They impress from top to bottom. One thing they don't look like is something you want to sweat all over or wear on rainy days so have something else for gyms, sweltering heat and storm season outdoors. They're also much more comfortable than they look. The ear pads are filled with memory foam so they're very soft to the touch and the headband is also nicely padded. I also like the added thickness on top. While they did feel a little clampy when I first put them on, I never felt any real discomfort during my hours of wearing them. They also seal very well and isolate from most of the outside noise. They're easily the best noise isolating headphones I've ever put on. They fold in on both sides to fit easier in a small bag or case, making them more portable. The ear cups don't swivel though. I'll be honest here about the sound. I have to say, I was a little disappointed at first. I cycled through a variety of different types of music and when comparing them directly against my Audio Technica M50X's, they didn't blow them away, which is what I was kind of expecting them to do given their price point and reputation. I then realized that it wasn't a realistic expectation because my M50X's are actually very good headphones and nothing is going to make them sound like garbage. I thought the P7's would outperform them so well that I'd just ditch them completely. Well, that didn't happen. In fact, I'm now convinced that it's probably not wise to expect any competent set of headphones to be rendered obsolete by a more expensive set like these. If you have a good set already that's at least over $100 to $200 and up by well established companies like Sennheiser, V-Moda, Beyerdynamic, Bose, Audio Technica, etc. (intentionally omitting the over priced and overrated Beats), the P7's won't completely redefine good sound for you. At least they didn't for me. Once I got over that, I focused in on what they are and what they do well as much as what they do differently than what I already have. My M50X's are just a slight notch above neutral in bass and treble with no mids which is something I like about them. These are a different flavor altogether. The mids and lows are much more pronounced, pushing vocals to the forefront. Beck was practically singing right in front of my face when I played some of his music. Stringed instruments in classical and jazz genres also received a big boost from the extra attention. Cello's, harp's and stand up basses were much fuller than my other set ever told me. Bass kicked electronic music (Daft Punk, Deadmau5) up a few notches over my AT's as well but never got overbearing or obnoxious. I really like the deeper bass and thicker overall sound on bass heavy music but I'm not a bass head so I don't want bass drowning out the instruments and vocals either. It sounds like it's right on the threshold of going over the edge but never getting there. I like a lot of rock music too which is something my AT's can do very well. A few bands actually sounded better on them than on the P7's which is probably due to the treble coming down a couple of notches. I prefer a V shaped sound, favoring the treble and bass. In fact, I usually have the treble dialed all the way up on my EQ's, so I missed that high sizzle from cymbals and snap from the snare drums. I also couldn't distinguish all the instruments as well on harder tunes with heavier distortion on the guitars. The push to the mids made the sound fuller but muddied the separation a little more. For most everything, The P7's did everything better and outperformed my M50X's. They just came up a little short a few times according to my tastes. Outside of music, the P7's also worked great with T.V. shows and movies. Vocals came through clearly and soundtracks and effects delivered a more home theater like experience. The extra oomph really delivered on action scenes and dialog was more distinguishable. There are 2 cords provided and the one attached for Apple devices included controls that worked flawlessly with my iPad and iPod. The cord even feels better in comparison to others I've felt. My one drawback is the included case. While it's nice to receive one and it is of the same fine leather as found on the headphones, I'm not a fan of soft cases. Especially not for expensive electronics. It'll do fine for around the house or light travel use but if you're going to put these in a suitcase or travel far and frequently, I'd have my reservations. I'm ordering a hard case for just such uses. These are well worth a little extra money to protect them from falls, drops, getting sat on or being crushed by other bags. The included soft case also looks more like one of my wife's make-up bags which is a bit of a turn off. That's a very minor gripe though. In conclusion, these are premium, luxury headphones. The look like it, feel like it, smell like it and sound like it. If you use or have already invested in a decent set of headphones, they won't completely redefine portable listening for you but they'll provide you with a quality product that's head and shoulders above everything else I've seen on the store shelves. I probably would've had some buyers remorse had I paid the original $400 asking price for these but at $280 on Cyber Monday, it would take a lot to convince me that there's a better made and sounding headphone than the B&W P7. This is one of those rare times where getting what you pay for turns out to be a good thing. Highly recommended for music listeners and those who appreciate a little luxury every now and then.

*Note: After Cyber Monday, the P7’s went up to $350 which looks like their new standard asking price. That still seems like a pretty good deal and keeps them at the top of the heap in that price range.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless Headphones