Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

brother-printer

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 2826 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 2125 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 141 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 560 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the toner level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
  • Fast high quality printing and scanning at up to 30 ppm with automatic duplex
  • Wireless and wired networking,Standalone copying,Print Technology : Color & B/W Laser Technology
  • 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your machine
  • Easy to set up and share on your wireless or wired network or connect locally via USB 2.0 interface
  • 250-sheet capacity tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper, plus a manual feed slot for envelope printing
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Happy :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

358 people found the following review helpful

You can have a perfectly good cartridge in the machine

This printer has two dealbreakers. First, there is no override when it thinks it is out of ink. It "thinks" it is out of ink long, long, long before it really is. Most Brother printers have a secret sequence of buttons that you can press to bypass the low toner warning, but this one does not, and it completely stops printing until you give it a brand new cartridge. You can have a perfectly good cartridge in the machine, but if it takes the notion that you need to change cartridges, you cannot print ANYTHING. If you don't happen to have a spare somewhere, you are done printing until you go run out and buy one. So stupid to not have an override option. The other dealbreaker is that there is a heat fuser that is low quality and shatters. Based on what I can find on messageboard forums with other users having identical issues, this seems to be a reasonably widespread problem, and it happened to mine. It causes a smudged line the whole way down the page, to the point that blotches of ink are peeling off of the paper when it prints. If Brother had honored their warranty, no problem, but they've given me the runaround for weeks to the point it's not worth my time to keep arguing with them. Brother makes good printers, but stay away from this model.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled

Walmart Review by Clarita :star::star::star::star::star:

Brother - DCP - L2540DW

The Brother printer works wonderful with my iPad and network system. It was given as a gift and I could not be happier. Low maintenance and compact, a must buy for anyone who wants to print in black and white. No problems and so easy to setup, also great buy for a littler work horse.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled

check out this video

Brother DCP-L2540DW Laser Printer Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me4XG-9V_IA

Best Buy Review by BigDaddy :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent All-Round Printer, Highly Recommended

I bought this to replace a Brother All-in-One printer that had provided years of trouble-free service. The old one still worked fine, but I wanted the AirPrint feature to print wirelessly from my iPad and iPhone. Brother printers hold their value so well that the money from the sale of my old printer covered of most the cost of this one. Nice!!

This printer works exactly as expected. Prints easily from all my iDevices, Scans to my computer over the network, and Prints to both sides of paper automatically. Set up was easy, and it joined my wireless network without any issues.

Over the first two weeks, I encountered the ‘deep sleep bug’, with the printer failing to respond or wake-up once it entered deep-sleep. A firmware update and a couple of restarts later, everything was fine. I strongly recommend you update the firmware before trying to use this printer.

The best feature of this printer is the option to choose a slightly slower print speed in return for much quiter operation. If you don’t mind the noise, you can choose the maximum print speed. I found the slower speed fast enough for daily use, and love the quite operation.

Overall, this is one of the best printers you can buy for home-office use.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled