4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 7 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 44 customers
    3.9 out of 5

Features

• Scans single-sided materials at up to 8 ppm and double-sided materials at up to 5 ppm in both color and black/white
  • Bundled with a valuable suite of scanning software, including desktop document, receipt and business card management programs
  • Ideal for the desktop or on-the-go
  • Powered from your computer via the included USB cable - no battery or wall outlet required
  • Easily scans documents, photos, plastic I.D. cards and more, from business card size up to 8.5"(W) x 32"(L)
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

@marko I want it

Amazon Review by B. Button :star::star::star::star::star:

82 people found the following review helpful

Great single-feed scanner

I was debating on whether or not to get this scanner or the SVP 2-in-1 scanner. Now that I have had a chance to use the DS720D, I am very happy with the decision I made. The main thing I like about it is the control you have in the software for how pages are scanned. When scanning a document, you have the option to capture pages as an image file or PDF.

If you choose to do a single page PDF, the software scans the first page then gives you 30 seconds to insert the next at which point you can just insert a new page and it will continue scanning each paper into its own file; This is very handy for streamlined scanning. The multi-page option works the same way, only every scan is added to the same document. Having the duplex option is really nice too, as it keeps you from needing to send the same page through twice.

Pros:
+Duplex scanning
+B&W, Gray scale, and color opotions
+100 to 600 dpi options
+Pretty fast scanning (depending on you settings)
+Brother scanning software is simple and allows some automation
+Large range of paper sizes supported unlike some other scanners

Cons:
-While it has a paper alignment slider, occasionally the paper will start pulling to the side. This is expected, and you get used to getting it in straight, but still a bummer when it happens
-Requires software to scan (doesn’t support standalone scanning to an SD card). This is one reason I bought this one, but it would be a nice feature
-Included bonus software isn’t available online, only on the CD (Brother scan software can be downloaded)
-Takes some work to get longer papers to scan properly (have to set it to “Max” paper size)

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Brother DS-720D Mobile Duplex Color Page Scanner

Youtube video:

Brother DS-720D Mobile Scanner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nNBTtsVlKc

Walmart Review by Annie :star::star::star::star::star:

Brother DS 720

I purchased this Brother to scan several hundred letters my Dad had written to my Mom from 1929 to 1966 while he traveled the world for his jobs. Most of the letters are written on onion skin paper, very thin. The scanner was able to capture the hand written letter even if it were written in pencil. In the later years the letters were written on both sides of the paper, and scanner is set up for this need.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Brother DS-720D Mobile Duplex Color Page Scanner

Best Buy Review by CockyGeek :star::star::star::star::star:

Great mobile scanner

Quick and easy to use. I scanned the first page within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box. This does duplex too but has to look at the instructions for that.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Brother DS-720D Mobile Duplex Color Page Scanner