Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

brother-printer

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3536 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 2049 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 216 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1271 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• B/W & Color Scanning
  • Optical Scan Resolution (dpi): 600 x 2400 dpi
  • Standard Input Paper Capacity: 250-Sheet Input Capacity
  • Print Technology: B/W Laser Technology
  • Printer Driver Compatibility: Windows & Mac OS
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Dennis :star::star::star::star::star:

30 people found the following review helpful

Couldn't be happier!

For over 20 years, my wife and I dealt with replacing ink cartridges that in most cases cost more than the printer. In fact, the last time her printer ran out of ink, I bought two cheapies, just for the ink included in the second one. The Brother laser printer changed all of that. I donated three printers (one still in the unopened box) to our parochial grade school, and networked the laser printer. The footprint is actually smaller than the HP deskjet, although it is quite a bit taller. We love the 250 sheet capacity drawer, and the ability to feed documents, rather than having to position them on the glass, to scan or make copies. We don't have a land line, so we obviously don't use the fax feature. If you are looking for a fast (27 pages per minute), quiet, multi-function, network-capable printer, check out this Brother. It comes with a 600 page toner cartridge; I bought the 2600 page replacement cartridge and stored it under my desk.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing

Youtube video:

Compact, Laser All-in-One with Wireless Networking & Duplex Printing | Brother MFC-L2700DW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpm_tXieKU8

Amazon Review by Ali Izadpanah :star::star::star::star::star:

649 people found the following review helpful

Thank you Brother!!!

I bought this unit strictly based on how happy I have been with my other Brother printer. I was using a monochrome brother laser printer strictly for printing text documents, and an HP ink jet all in one for copy, fax, and scan. I finally got sick and tired of getting ripped off for ink jet cartridges; the HP was killing me and the Brother just kept printing and printing without the need to constantly replace the toner. When the toner light on the Brother would finally come on, I would simply reset it and it was set for another few months, I must have done this at least two times before finally replacing the toner; this equated to months of double sided printing. So when the HP ran out of ink again, I decided to buy a single all in one to replace the other two, and there was no question I was getting the Brother. Since this is a new model and there were no reviews, I read the specs on the Brother website and saw that it had everything I was getting from the two separate units--except for color which I hardly used--but in one set up. I can tell you that this printer is very quiet, fast, takes up very little space, and feels solid and well made. I could not be happier with its performance, speed, functions, and options, and the set up could not have been easier. I wanted mine set up wireless, and the Brother software walked me through in just a few minutes; just make sure you follow the step by step instructions. And if you have any concern about the notorious noisy Brother cooling fan, don't worry, Brother must have been listening because this unit is quiet as a mouse.This is an awesome printer and the money I will save on ink will pay for this printer in no time. Goodbye ink jets.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing

Best Buy Review by StanOuyaFan :star::star::star::star::star:

Comes with Free OCR software

Gave it five stars because of the software it comes with. When scanning something to work into word or text editor programs the software works great for a free includes program. Other printers like Epson say they can do OCR but make you buy a third party program for over a 100 to do it. If scanning documents to editable text is important to you I recommend any of the all in one Brother printers. This Is my Third Brother Printer. All of them are still working after thousands of pages of printing.

Set up was easy, but still needed a little help from Brother. They are very friendly and offer help at no charge for life. I did not plug the right phone line in from my phone splitter during set up. I saw this when set up was done and fixed connection. Thought everything was great, but some fax machines could not receive my fax. Weird so I called brother. They told me to restart printed with no changes need to be made. I was doubtful, but did it and all is now fine.
Apple AirPrint works great
Toner has a good price to page cost, if you want really cheap printing generics work well in this printer
Thought my 83 year old Dad and 73 how to use the software. Has a nice way to make custom scans. Nice when you need to have different scans for different size papers like letter, legal. A4 and so on.
I chose this brother because I need laser, and a flatbed and auto document feeder.
The only downside is that you cannot add a second paper tray for a second size paper. Normally an option on more expensive printers. You can work around this by the front paper feeder slot, make sure you open door on back and flip tabs if needed.
Summery: This and all Brothers are a no brainer. You get a lot of printer for your dollar.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Brother MFCL2700DW Compact Laser All-In One Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing