Amazon Review by Samantha
132 people found the following review helpful
I had a Canon SX230 forever and decided to try a new Canon camera. So the SX610 (in white) it was!
- The picture quality is stunning!
- The zoom lens works VERY fast
- There is image stabilization with the zoom and pictures at 18x zoom actually look pretty good
- Movie quality is awesome!
- Low light pictures turn out well
- Camera itself is very lightweight
- I like the little rubber thing on the front to help hold the camera better
- Battery seems to last much longer than past Canon’s I have owned
- Has a dedicated movie button for those (like me) that take a lot of video
- Has High Speed Burst
- The normal dial I am used to on the top of most Canon point-n-shoot cameras is not there anymore (you have to change your options through the function set button)
- There is no ‘sports’ mode (I used that mode quite a bit on my SX230)
- The manual flash is pretty annoying (sometimes very annoying!)
- When recording video, the focus sometimes goes in and out
- The ‘creative shot’ is weird in my opinion and useless (it really doesn’t do much of anything CREATIVE to the pictures)
I have not tried using the WiFi so I cannot comment on that (I have a USB cable and upload the old fashioned way!) All in all, I really like this camera and I find myself shooting mostly in Portrait mode or High Speed Burst (for my kids’ fast movements). I will hang onto this camera for a long time and consider it a great purchase!
Oh, and I love the white color of the camera body!