• Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 743 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 33 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• 18x Optical Zoom (25-450mm)
  • 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
  • Built-in Wi-Fi allows wireless transferring of images and video to compatible mobile devices
  • Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video with a dedicated movie button
  • Large 3.0-inch LCD with a screen resolution of 922,000 dots allows easy viewing even from a wide angle
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Samantha :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

132 people found the following review helpful

Not Bad!

I had a Canon SX230 forever and decided to try a new Canon camera. So the SX610 (in white) it was!

PROS:

• The picture quality is stunning!
  • The zoom lens works VERY fast
  • There is image stabilization with the zoom and pictures at 18x zoom actually look pretty good
  • Movie quality is awesome!
  • Low light pictures turn out well
  • Camera itself is very lightweight
  • I like the little rubber thing on the front to help hold the camera better
  • Battery seems to last much longer than past Canon’s I have owned
  • Has a dedicated movie button for those (like me) that take a lot of video
  • Has High Speed Burst

CONS:

• The normal dial I am used to on the top of most Canon point-n-shoot cameras is not there anymore (you have to change your options through the function set button)
  • There is no ‘sports’ mode (I used that mode quite a bit on my SX230)
  • The manual flash is pretty annoying (sometimes very annoying!)
  • When recording video, the focus sometimes goes in and out
  • The ‘creative shot’ is weird in my opinion and useless (it really doesn’t do much of anything CREATIVE to the pictures)

I have not tried using the WiFi so I cannot comment on that (I have a USB cable and upload the old fashioned way!) All in all, I really like this camera and I find myself shooting mostly in Portrait mode or High Speed Burst (for my kids’ fast movements). I will hang onto this camera for a long time and consider it a great purchase!

Oh, and I love the white color of the camera body!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Canon 0111C001 PowerShot SX610 HS, Wi-Fi Enabled - Black

Walmart Review by disneyphotogirl :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

wireless transfer BEWARE

I bought this camera since I have had good luck with Canons in the past right before I went on vaca. So when I get back go to transfer photos in not compatible with my new computer with windows 10. They don't give u a traditional cable, so just ordered one. Hopefully that will work. Looks like this is common complaint online and it should be CLEARLY listed on box its only wireless with a few computer systems.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Canon 0111C001 PowerShot SX610 HS, Wi-Fi Enabled - Black

here is a youtube video

Canon's PowerShot SX600 HS a very good 18x Wi-Fi-enabled point-and-shoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-GfwfO0I8

Best Buy Review by Dexleon :star::star::star::star::star:

Easy to use, sharp images for price

I got this camera with a SanDisk - Extreme PLUS 32GB microSDHC UHS-3 Memory Card - Red/Gold which I know significantly helped out and contributed to the better performance and seamless transitions and transfers between devices such as wifi transfers from camera to iPhone. This camera is simple to use for a person who is mainly looking for a simple click and shoot. I would highly recommend getting the card above with the transfer rate specs as this camera can record in video and also has a creative mode which when taking pictures results in multiple versions of one picture that you take that make your pictures look different and pretty automatically without you even touching a computer. The setup between an iPhone and camera transfers is fairly simple. All you have to do is turn the camera on, push on the bottom left button with a phone icon it then the camera tells you to download an app called Canon Camera Connect. Once you download this app, you connect to the wifi access point that is displayed on your cameras screen and once you connect, you boot up the app and you are pretty much ready to go. You can get two basic functions. One is to download the photos you have taken onto your phone and the other take control over your camera and get a preview display on your phone. You cannot setup main settings on your phone, you will have to do this on your camera. I should also note that the camera can connect via Bluetooth. Camera picture quality is pretty decent. The manual flash that is hidden away on top and can be brought up with a switch on the left side of the camera can be a bit of an annoyance when it is set on auto when you expect it to automatically to bring up flash in a dark room. Besides that I would recommend this camera for the price and quality it delivers at the price point.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Canon 0111C001 PowerShot SX610 HS, Wi-Fi Enabled - Black