Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera w/ Image Stabilization and Smart AUTO Mode (Red) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

canon

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 207 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 201 customers
    4.1 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 6 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
  • 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
  • 720p HD video capabilities
  • Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
  • Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement
  • Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Kevin Breeze :star::star::star::star::star:

250 people found the following review helpful

Easy to use, features an intuitive design, and takes good pictures and video!

This point and shoot has been great to use and I have been quite satisfied with it considering its low price. I have attached test photos and videos so you can be the judge on the quality. I noticed that this camera is especially good at picking up accurate and bold colors in both the photo and video modes.

Canon includes a “Getting Started” guide, a warranty card, a small lanyard, a 680mah battery, an external battery charger (which is nice if you plan on buying additional batteries), and the camera itself.

With the popularity of smartphones, what is the appeal of this entry-level point and shoot camera? Well, unlike most smartphones, this camera features an 8x optical zoom. This is a great feature that allows you to zoom in decently close while experiencing a minimal degradation in quality. The camera’s maximum video quality is 720p but it features quick auto focusing and as mentioned before, good accurate colors. The only issue that I had with the video quality is that the stabilization is not the best.

Conclusion: This is overall a great entry-level point and shoot and I do not think you will be disappointed for the price. The 8x optical zoom is definitely my favorite feature and the photo and video quality is about what you would expect for a camera in this price range. There is no included SD card so you will need to buy one, and there is no included transfer cable (mini USB) so you will also need to buy one of those to load the photos and video onto your computer unless you have an SD card slot. The user interface on the camera is easy and simple to use. This camera is great for those who are not extremely technologically savvy as there is basically no learning curve. Nice job Canon.

Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own money for my own personal use.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera w/ Image Stabilization and Smart AUTO Mode (Red)

Walmart Review by MrsA :star::star::star::star::star:

11 people found the following review helpful

Perfect for my needs

I needed a pocket-size camera for travel to accompany my larger, heavier Canon Rebel. Sometimes I just wanted to travel light and this camera is perfect for that need. It makes excellent quality photos.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera w/ Image Stabilization and Smart AUTO Mode (Red)

@wartassault I love it :slight_smile: