• Bass Reflex cabinet for extended lows
  • Cerwin-Vega! performance in a compact design
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by 320mb :star::star::star::star::star:

3 people found the following review helpful

These Sound Great as Main Speakers.

Space was not an issue for us, My CV RE25 speakers were too much for the size of our Living room so I bought these and they sit perfectly on our bookcases. The Sound is spread out more evenly thru the Living room now. Speaker technology has greatly improved over the past few years and Cerwin Vega got it right with these Little Gems. They are set up with a CV SL10S Sub and sound Great for DVD, CD player or just FM radio.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Cerwin Vega SL5M 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Pair

Thank you

Story of My Amazing Cerwin Vega VE-5M Bookshelf Speakers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD1hi0strJE

Amazon Review by Pete :star::star::star::star::star:

18 people found the following review helpful

they sound great. I bought a Sony dh-750 7

These are the speakers that I am starting my stereo system with. They are blowing me away, they sound great. I bought a Sony dh-750 7.2 receiver and hooked these up as the front channel speakers and I am also running a cheap Polk powered sub for the base. After hooking these up the first thing I did was to see what the max volume setting of my receiver was (turns out it is 73, why did Sony chose 73 as the max? whatever). These little speakers had no problem handling the max volume from the Sony. Normally when watching TV or movies through these I turn the receiver up less than half way, when I listen to music and want to feel the base and hear the notes I turn up the volume about 3/4th's. I'm not one of those guys that can describe the pitch and technical clarity but I can tell you that these sound good! When I originally started to build my stereo I wanted those Cerwin floor standing speakers with the 12" sub thinking that I would move these to my rear channel but after hearing how loud and clear these are I really considered just getting two more for my rear speakers. These sound that good. If I was in an apartment I would definitely buy four or six of these for my surround sound. Because I like overkill (and after hearing these) as my next step in building my system I will probable add two of those floor single 8" Cerwin's and then upgrade to a Cerwin powered 10" at a later date when the Polk dies. I am still up in the air about the center, going with the Cerwin 4 speaker or 2 speaker. (I'm really impressed with Cerwin!)

Over all I could not be happier with these speakers, they sound great and clear at both low and high volume.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Cerwin Vega SL5M 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Pair