4.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 108 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Three-zone dynamic RGB backlighting with 10+ preconfigured vivid RGB lighting modes allow you to choose immersive lighting effects
  • 6 programmable macro keys enable powerful actions, key remaps and combos
  • Dedicated Volume and multimedia controls for direct Audio control without interrupting your game
  • Quiet and responsive keys give a satisfying feel
  • Multi-key anti-ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Michael :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

93 people found the following review helpful

Best $50 Keyboard - 24 Hour Review

I have only used this keyboard for 24 hours, so the only thing I will not be covering is the longevity of the board. I'm going to be doing this in list form so you won't be reading through paragraphs.
  • SIZE - This is a full-size keyboard. You can get the dimensions in the item description but just know before you purchase, this keyboard is long.

• WEIGHT - Very light as it’s a fully plastic build. Very little keyboard flex, almost 0 while typing.

• TYPING - This is a membrane keyboard, meaning each key is not individual like a mechanical. There is an obvious difference, don’t believe people who claim that it feels like a mechanical keyboard. It doesn’t Imagine a slightly mushier MX Brown switch. That all being said, it’s a joy to type on, requiring very little effort to press the key. The key travel is not as linear (linear = bad) as other membrane keyboards, there is a definite tactile bump when you press a key.

• RGB - One of the best parts of this keyboard. There are a bunch of pre-set configurations for the 3 sections. That means 1/3 of the keyboard will always be the same color, you do not have individual key colors. You can read all about the modes on Corsair’s website, but the ease of use while changing colors is pretty solid. It can be all one color, 2 different colors, 3, or you can have it cycle through the colors in 3 different speeds.

• FEATURE SET - Obviously this is not going to have the same features as something like a K70. What you do get is RGB coloring, very solid membrane keys, volume and playback controls, as well as 6 different macro keys to bind to one, or multiple keys in a row. (Meaning you could bind the first Macro to type out a word)

• BONUS - This can be seen as a pro or a con. There is no external software you need to download to use this keyboard. It has built in memory for your LED modes and macro functions. I would really have liked a software option if only to control the features the board already comes with, but without the slight hassle of changing settings through keystrokes.

Overall absolutely amazing keyboard for $50. If you don’t mind losing mechanical switches, there’s very little to complain about with this keyboard.

I will respond to any questions I get on this review for the next few months.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED

Best Buy Review by JTPanda :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Keyboard.

Corsair already makes good stuff. The PC I built already uses a few corsair parts to begin with. I got this keyboard because for 1, its cheap (for a gaming keyboard, it was around 50$ when i purchased it.). 2, It's back lit. With all kinds of color options, your choices are near limit-less. You can have up to 3 different colored "zones" on the keyboard, or have just one color all over. And i believe you can make it fade in/out as well. 3, It's NON-MECHANICAL. Don't get it twisted, i know mechanical keyboards are great and the response time on them is insane, but they come with a hefty price tag, and the click-clak of the keys gets highly annoying for me. (So annoying, it gives me Forest Whitaker eye). But, the K55 still sounds great for when you are trying to type out those quick messages in-game! Overall, a great peripheral for your gaming setup (even if you are not on a budget!) To major MMO players, it may not be your first choice, due to limited 6 macro key selection. But that is why they make MMO keyboards/mice. just for that reason. It has a Windows lock key, so if you accidentally press that windows key by the space bar, it will not knock you out of your game if you have that key enabled. So, in closing, this keyboard is great, I recommend it to any PC gamer, be it casual, or hardcore. it may not have all the bells and whistles as its bigger cousins that best buy offers, but the K55 is well worth the money. maybe even worth more than 50$ IMO. I even sold my Logitech G510 gaming keyboard afterward because i like the K55 a lot more.

TL:DR, It’s a great keyboard for the money. I highly recommend it to any PC gamer. It has a minimalist setup, but yet, enough features to satisfy my needs.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED

check out this video

Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard Review

Walmart Review by Owner :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Does its job

Its exactly what you'd expect out of a keyboard in this price range. My one complaint is that the corsair software I downloaded never identified the keyboard so I couldn't make any changes to the RGB setup and possibly macro keys.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED

@marko not sure :confused: