CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8020A Gaming Desktop - Intel i5-6402P Quad Core 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, 24X DVD, AMD RX 480 4GB, WI-Fi USB Adapter, Windows 10 Home Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

cyber-power

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 956 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 956 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• System: Intel i5-6402P 2.8GHz Quad-Core | Intel B150 Chipset | 8GB DDR4 | 1TB HDD | WI-FI USB Adapter | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card | VR Ready | 1x HDMI | 1x Display Port
  • Connectivity: 6 x USB 3.0 | 4 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel Keyboard and Mouse
  • Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support"
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Brian Klein :star::star::star::star::star:

390 people found the following review helpful

Amazing Price/Performance For a New PC Gamer

I've always seen Cyberpower PCs as somewhat of a rip-off; overpriced pre-built PCs. This one, however, completely blows that impression out of the water.

First, the pros - and there are a lot of them:
Price - This is the big one. For $720 you get a ‘complete’ gaming PC: pre-built, windows 10 installed, keyboard, mouse, and wireless dongle. If you were to buy all of the individual components/pieces yourself you’d spend ~$840, so this is a bargain. Even if you already have a keyboard/mouse/wireless dongle, this would still be a good deal: all of the PC components + windows would cost you ~$750 (and of course it wouldn’t be pre-assembled). I don’t know of a better deal anywhere for a new PC gamer.
Performance - You get Radeon’s latest and greatest, the RX 480. This card will handle any game you throw at it, including the most demanding (I tested with Witcher 3, and it meets all online benchmarks) at ultra settings at 1080p. You also get the latest in DDR4 memory and one of Intel’s newest processors. This is a great gaming machine right out of the box.
Build Quality - I was really surprised here; the build quality is actually very nice (I included a picture of the cabling). Zip ties galore to keep cables out of the way, and everything assembled very well. Some of the screws are slightly over-tightened though; I needed a wrench to assist with opening the thumbscrews to get the side panels off, for example.

There are a few cons, however:
No SLI potential - The RX 480 is cheap enough that you might want to throw a second one in; you’d need a whole new motheboard for that, though. For some reason Cyberpower chose to use the MSI Bazooka instead of the MSI Mortar. They have similar prices/specs, except the Mortar has another PCI 3x slot if you want to add a second graphics card. This is the biggest oversight, in my opinion.
Low-end PSU - The power supply unit is fairly cheap/low-end; ideally you’d have a quality power supply in a gaming machine. Its probably the most boring component, but its also the most important; if it dies then you need a new one (and need to hope that it didn’t fry your machine in the process). The one included is serviceable, but I would have accepted a $20-$30 higher price for a better PSU.

I also have some thoughts on various things/pieces:
Shipping Quality - The packaging was very good, and there was no damage beyond a minor scratch in the clear side plastic (from the inside, actually). I was happy.
Keyboard - The keyboard is a cheap membrane one, but when compared to other cheap membrane keyboards its actually fairly nice; probably one of the nicest cheap membrane keyboards I’ve used.
Mouse - The included mouse is very feature-lite, but will certainly work for gaming if you don’t have anything better. Its definitely better than your stereotypical cheap mouse that might come with an HP or Dell machine.
Wifi Dongle - I actually didn’t test this as I had no need (and have a pci wifi-card I installed). I don’t expect problems with it… that said …
PCI Expansion Slots - You get only 1. The motherboard technically has three (1x PCI3, 2x PCI1), however the graphics card uses one slot and covers up a second slot; so you get one additional PCI 1 slot. Perfect for a wireless card or similar; just don’t get your hopes up in terms of expansion potential.
Hard Drive Cage - You get 2 slots, one of which is in use. So one easy place to add another drive. A SSD would be a great first addition to the system; I’d definitely recommend picking up a cheap one for the OS, at least. You can also mount an SSD in several mounting spots on the tower chasis, so you have that option as well.
Case - The case has a bottom opening with included filter for power supply airflow; its a nice touch I was happy to see. You also get one more disk drive slot; I put a blue-ray player in mine.
Overclocking - Don’t even try it. The graphics card won’t be able to do it well due to insufficient power (a design flaw, in my opinion), and the processor does’t really support it well; even if it did, you only have the stock CPU Cooler to work with (unless you replace it), so I wouldn’t recommend it. That said, its not necessary in this system.
4K Gaming/VR Gaming - The RX 480 can handle 1080p resolution with no issue; however it struggle with 4K gaming. VR is possible, but you’d need to turn down settings. This isn’t a high end nVidia card, so expectations should be tempered when attempting ether of those two things. This is where no SLI really hurts this machine; the capability to add a second RX 480 would have made this capable of 4K gaming and VR with no issues what-so-ever.
Noise - The noise level is actually fairly low; stock cpu coolers are relatively quiet, as well as the case fans. The loudest thing is the graphics card fans under load.

Overall:
This is a spectacular buy for a new PC gamer, or a PC gamer who needs a windows license with their machine. I don’t think there is anything else on the market even remotely competitive right now. If you already have windows and peripherals, however, you can buy all of the parts for ~$650, so at that point you’re better off building your own machine (unless you don’t want to/find it too intimidating).
If you do buy this machine, buying an SSD is a cheap and easy way to get even more performance out of it. Later on you may want to upgrade the power supply (get a modular one, if you do). Something harder would be upgrading the motherboard to one that supports two graphics cards; this requires a lot, and isn’t recommended if you’re new to things.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8020A Gaming Desktop - Intel i5-6402P Quad Core 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, 24X DVD, AMD RX 480 4GB, WI-Fi USB Adapter, Windows 10 Home

check out this video

VR POWER for less money! - Unboxing the CYBERPOWERPC VR GXiVR8020A Gaming Desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2zciJzf8MQ