Dell Gaming S2417DG YNY1D 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

dell

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 664 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 617 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 47 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• Get stunning clarity with QHD resolution - that’s close to 2 times more screen details than Full HD
  • Enhance your visual experience with optimal preset modes tailored to suit your gaming genre
  • Optimize eye comfort with a flicker-free screen
  • Get a replacement monitor shipped to you the next business day with Dell’s 3 years Advanced Exchange Service
  • Refer user manual below
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by K.M. :star::star::star::star::star:

562 people found the following review helpful

Sweet monitor after calibration

When I first turned this monitor on, not gonna lie, it was very underwhelming. Colors were washed out and it was too bright. You HAVE to calibrate this in order to see its true potential. Here is what I finally landed on. Use this for yours or atleast a starting point. You should be able to play games without adjusting in game brightness. Here we go.

Nvidia Control Panel>Adjust desktop color settings:
Brightness-50%
Contrast-50%
Gamma-0.60%
Digital vibrance-70%
Hue-0
CLICK APPLY

DELL Monitor settings:
Brightness-26%
Contrast-75%
Color>Custom Color:
R-97%
G-99%
B-96%

*Also, download the latest driver for this monitor on Dell’s website.

And you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Gaming S2417DG YNY1D 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC

Dell S2417DG 24-inch G-SYNC Monitor Unboxing Review (1440p 165hz Gaming Monitor)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9CVPfPYqCc

Best Buy Review by lobb152 :star::star::star::star::star:

Love it

Design is great. Super thin bezels. Very sleek design look if you don't like the gaming look of other brands. Setup was super easy no tools needed.

First one I got had a group of pixels that were stuck on blue ish color. Returned to BB. Exchanged no problems. The new monitor has no screen issues. Go to the website lightbleedtest dot com to check the panel. No serious light bleed from the edges.

I have never had an IPS panel so I don’t know what I’m missing in terms of color reproduction but the colors look great. Used the ICC color profile from pcmonitor/info and I think the colors look great. Follow his screen calibation guide and it just looks great. Toms hardware also has a calibration if you think that looks better.

G Sync. First time ever playing with it and after experiencing it can’t go back. Everything is super smooth. No screen tears or stuttering. I have an alienware 17 r3 (w/4k screen), graphics amp and an EVGA 1080 FTW. I thought I would miss playing at 4k but 1440p looks great combined with G Sync. People have been talking about pixel inversion. I had to look this up. I guess when you scroll on a Web page or look up and down quick there can be a grid pattern. I haven’t noticed any of that.

Windows scaling looks fine at 1440p.

The screen has a light anti glare coating. So you don’t have a sparkle effect on white backgrounds.

Overall love the monitor. Get the BB plan for 50 bucks for 4 years. Totally worth it.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Gaming S2417DG YNY1D 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC