Dell Inspiron i3252-10050BLK Mini Desktop (Intel Pentium N3700, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

dell-marketing-usa-l

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 235 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 118 customers
    3.8 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 31 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 86 customers
    3.9 out of 5

Features

• Intel Quad Core Pentium N3700 1.6 GHz Processor
  • 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM RAM Included
  • 8 GB Maxium
  • 1 TB HDD Storage
  • Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
  • 6 USB Ports
  • No Monitor Included
  • Windows 10 Operating System
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Courtland J. Carpenter :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

44 people found the following review helpful

Excellent Value Mini, high storage(1TB), decent amount of RAM(8G), Win10, and still have a DVD burner to use, not bad at all!

This PC is my first experience with Windows 10, I've hesitated to upgrade my other machines to that, both still run Windows 7. It was a mixed bag there a lot of things were hard to find, but I had that experience with Win 7 a while back too, so no biggie. This is about the PC itself, so lets get to that. First, it's excellent size for someone who wants a small desktop machine. You'll never break your back, like my experiences with the XPS and Alienware tower machines; I've taken for service locally. You can easily carry this is one hand. I'll let you read all the features, but the 3.0 USB slots on the front are nice as is the media reader slot. It's also helpful to have the headphone jack there. If you still use CD's/DVD's for some things, or like to create your own video or music discs, this still has a read/write drive on the front. It's vertical, so be careful to put the DVD correctly in the tray. There are four USB 2.0 slots on the back as well as a VGA and an HDMI slot if connecting to a flat screen TV of some type.

I read up on the 1.6 GHz processor 3700 series. It compares favorably with both some i3 and some i5 processors. It has a faster bus speed and has more cores than some of those processors, typically uses less power as well. It does not compete on the 3D level as quite as well, or in the clock speed. It maxes out at 8 Gig of memory compared to 16 for some, but this is a mini remember, you’re not buying it to be a power type machine even if it mostly compares to many current machines in that capacity. One discrepancy in the picture is it shows the typical 3 prong outlet in back for the power suggesting an internal power supply. Mine did not have that; it had a power block (small) much like a small laptop computer. It comes with no monitor, but I had a 24 inch from the Vine earlier, and hooked it up using a VGA cable (not included). It does come with a fair mouse and a basic keyboard so you only need to add a monitor for basic use.

I tried to add Chrome as a browser, but the shovel ware it comes with included McAfee antivirus, and I could not turn off the firewall so I deleted it, because it kept preventing me from installing Chrome. It’s only good for a month and there are much better AV products out there. I linked up to a Bluetooth speaker and I was in business. There does seem to be a problem with the internal Wi-Fi card, I got a very spotty connection with it. I remedied that with an external USB card and didn’t have any more problems. The one TB hard drive is pretty good size, but if you do a lot of large file downloads, the 3.0 USB’s on the front will connect some pretty large storage drives. I did not notice any slowdown or access issues with the web, or the applications. For a mini sized machine it has big power. There are a couple narrow expansion slots in the back, but I’m not sure what would fit in there. I’ll have to check with Dell to see if there are any graphical or other expansions, although the HD graphics may work on fairly efficient games and this machine has more memory than most minis. One more thing of note it uses DDR3L SDRAM, which is a lower and slightly more expensive version of DDR3 RAM. The lower voltage 1.35V vs 1.5V allows for a cooler running memory and less power consumption. Not a primary need here (as far as power consumption), it is a desktop mini-tower, but I do remember some early PC’s that came out in the 90’s that were attractive because they featured slim cases. The downside was the compact size had all the electrical components so close together they have a very high heat failure rate.

You can hook up a 5.1 sound system to the integrated audio system, but I only had a single Bluetooth speaker, so I couldn’t test it fully. The headphones on the front gave excellent sound, I was using an expensive pair of ear buds and they seemed to have great clarity. If you are not a gamer, and are going to use your PC at home or just want a separate surfing or work station that doesn’t break the budget or take up much room, I’d recommend this. One thing about Dell they do a good job integrating and matching components, plus it will be a while before the typical chop shop PC place deals with mini’s there is probably not a high profit in them right now. Considering the high value, this is a great deal from Dell and the Zon.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i3252-10050BLK Mini Desktop (Intel Pentium N3700, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD)

Walmart Review by Bootini :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

71 people found the following review helpful

Got two, returned two!

The first one went to a blank blue screen of death on the second day and stayed there, could not do system restore or open in safe mode. In fact even the recovery drive did nothing.

On to number two. This one would not allow me to copy and paste or drag so I called Dell Technical Support for some help. Although this computer was obviously shipped with a software defect Dell refused to fix it on a two day old computer that they sold me with a software problem unless I either paid them to fix it or purchased a service contract for software.

I can’t help but wonder if computer companies knowingly send these machines out with defects and consider that to be just another revenue stream!

Luckily for me Walmart is very good about exchanging and/or refunding your money on purchases made there.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i3252-10050BLK Mini Desktop (Intel Pentium N3700, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD)

Youtube video:

Dell Inspiron i3252 Review - Low cost mini-PC alternative with 1 TB of storage (i3252-7550BLK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjK0Bf3CzVQ

Best Buy Review by nor6bw :star::star::star::star::star:

Great PC ! Great price !

This new Dell PC was by far the easiest computer that I ever bought and set up from scratch. It has most all the same features of the higher priced models. Loved the reduced size as well. More room now for other gadgets!

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i3252-10050BLK Mini Desktop (Intel Pentium N3700, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD)