Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

dell-computers

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 615 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 565 customers
    4.0 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 37 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 13 customers
    3.5 out of 5

Features

• Intel Quad Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
  • 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
  • 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD Hybrid Drive Storage
  • Optical Drive Not included
  • 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Screen
  • Windows 10 Operating System
  • Matte Black featuring Red Chassis
  • Light up your game:Don’t miss a stroke with a backlit keyboard that lets you enjoy your gaming or computer time even at night. And a precision touchpad gives you responsive, accurate gesture support
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Scott :star::star::star::star::star:

1140 people found the following review helpful

First Impressions - Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK

Just received this laptop today, 10/27/2015.

Summary
Overall, I am very pleased with this laptop. I think it’s a fantastic value for the parts you are getting. The overall look and feel of the laptop is great, the red trim is not overbearing. Using the laptop feels fast and snappy. Boots Windows 10 in less than 20 seconds! The weight and size keeps it portable, but it’s no Ultrabook. The laptop doesn’t have a touchscreen, if that’s a deal-breaker for you.

More details are below, wanted to keep the summary at the top for the folks who don’t care to read the whole review.

Short review
Build quality seems good to me. The unit is all plastic on the outside; however, I am okay with this. It is a very soft plastic that is nice to the touch. The unit does not feel flimsy and seems fairly durable. It also appears (at first glance) that access to the HDD and RAM won’t be terrible, as opposed to some other new laptops on the market, there seems to be a removable plate/panel on the bottom of the laptop to access the bottom of the mainboard, picture attached.

Boot time is rather fast. From the time I hit the power button it takes about 17 seconds until I am at my Windows 10 desktop environment. This is exactly what I was looking for. You will not achieve this in laptops without an SSD hard drive.

Wireless internet signal is pretty strong. I am fully able to receive a signal in the very back room of my house (35+ feet w/ walls), on par with iPhone 6 Plus.

The main storage drive is an SSD, it is a SanDisk Z400s M.2 2280 256GB. Read/Write speeds are fairly strong, I have attached a picture from a CrystalDiskMark speed test I ran. The SSD drive from Dell has (4) partitions, you are left with approximately 200GB free of 225GB available when you receive it. The Dell backup image takes up about 12GB. The fact that your operating system is installed on the M.2 drive would mean that you can add an additional HDD or SSD in the spare 2.5" SATA bay for additional storage. I am not familiar with the spare bay yet.

Memory/RAM is pre-installed 8GB of DDR3, installed in 1 of 2 available slots, according to CPUZ. This leaves spare slot open for future expansion. The RAM is PC3-12800 (800mHz) (PC3 1600) Hyundai Electronics P/N - HMT41GS6BFR8A-PB, with a CAS Latency of 11, according to CPUZ.

Battery life is unknown at this point, I haven’t had enough time to fully test this. While playing around with the laptop for the last 3-4 hours I still have about 87% left.

Keyboard is comfortable to use, even with large hands. The 10-key pad is a little undersized, but this keeps the primary keyboard area nice and roomy. The CapsLock key does have a light on the key to indicate whether or not CapsLock is on; although, NumLock does not. The backlit keyboard features (2) brighness levels and is a nice blueish white color light output. The backlit keyboard seems to provide adequate light.

Sound quality seems very good thus far. I watched a couple music videos online and the vocals were clear. The bass was lacking, but this is a laptop, this is to be expected.

I really like that the charger has an indication light on the cord, on the end that plug into the laptop port, that lets you know the charger is powered. The charger also features a built in strap to keep the cord neatly stowed while not using.

Not an overly amount of bloatware installed. Mainly Dell proprietary applications for updates and registration.

For those who care…why I decided on this laptop.
I had been shopping for a laptop for everyday use that could also handle heavier tasks such as multi-tasking with multiple browser windows open, music playing, light duty photo editing etc… I did want a laptop that was portable, but I was not willing to trade off the “more affordable” power you get by not shopping for an Ultrabook. I was also not as concerned with a touchscreen (don’t care for a smudgy screen).

My criteria was:
Sub $1000
256GB or greater SSD, I wanted something that would boot Windows fast!
8GB Ram Minimum
15" Screen Minimum
1920x1080 Resolution Minimum
Decent dedicated GPU.
Windows 10

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Walmart Review by Chrism :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

26 people found the following review helpful

Great gaming pc for the price.

Looking online for a gaming laptop for under $1000 for over a month. With video reviews I seen online this caught my eye. Games run great on it.

Cons on this pc is that it’s little heavy, the wireless card could be faster, and ram could be faster.

Pros is the video card nvidia geforce 960m 4gb dedicated. Intel core i7. Had no problem with this pc had it for 2 weeks.

I highly recommend this pc for someone looking for gaming laptop under $1000. I do recommend having as well a gaming desktop before you buy gaming laptop.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Here is a nice video

Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfUjVIg8Xig

Best Buy Review by Rocky1215 :star::star::star::star::star:

Best Gaming Laptop for the price

There is no other laptop out there that can compete with the specs that this one has. The processor is fast enough for all games and the screen is great for gaming too. The speaker system is amazing and if you want more performance you can do it for less that $100.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

unpinned #7