4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 698 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 36 customers
    4.9 out of 5

Features

• Creates a heightened sense of immersion, 34" diagonal wide viewing experience with an Array of connectivity
  • Enhanced clarity: full WQHD 3440 1440 clarity at 60 Hz and consistent colors across an ultrawide 178/172 viewing angle combine to create a more appealing Display
  • Multiple connections: with HDMI 2.0, MHL, DP, mini-dp, 2 x USB 3.0 upstream, 4 x USB 3.0 downstream ports, audio out, connecting to all your secondary devices at once is both easy and convenient
  • Powerful 18W integrated speakers
  • Height-adjustable (115mm), tilt and swivel
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Sterling G. Wells :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

1152 people found the following review helpful

I really wanted to love this monitor

I really wanted to love this monitor. I've tried LG and Samsung's versions and they weren't quite up to snuff so I happily dropped $1100 on this monitor (I bought it a few months ago, before the price crashed). I was sure that it would be very high quality, and the 3 year warranty gave me extra peace-of-mind.

There is a lot to like about this monitor: you couldn’t ask for more inputs, the built in USB hub is great, the stand is nice and sturdy and the picture quality in the middle of the screen is phenomenal.

Unfortunately, my monitor has MASSIVE backlight bleed - see the photo below. If you want to use this monitor for web browsing or data entry, you will be fine. However if you are a creative professional and there is the slightest chance that your work will entail any colors other than white or yellow, you have to stay away from this monitor. The backlight bleed is that bad.

Unfortunately, Dell’s service has been equally useless. Their phone support literally hung up on me, and their web support is currently refusing to do anything for me because they made me send them photos of the monitor with a light background under “normal office lighting.” which conveniently masks the problem.

Sorry to break it to you, Dell, but creative professionals (photographers, videographers, etc) don’t use normal office lighting. My studio is kept dim for a reason. And it doesn’t matter if bright colors wash out the problem - the vast majority of my work involves dark colors somewhere near the edges.

If I could return this thing, I would. But for now I’m stuck because Dell refuses to honor their promise to their customers and I can’t ethically sell such flawed product to anybody else

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Dell U3417W FR3PK 34-Inch Screen Led-Lit Monitor

Here is a youtube video

Dell 34-inch Ultrawiide Monitor U3417W - Hands On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1to9Uuo-Fk

Best Buy Review by Riordan :star::star::star::star::star:

Split, flat, or curved?

A few of my co-workers use 2 screens for productivity which I tried and didn't care for, another uses a 32" TV to save money but the resolution wasn't comfortable on my eyes with CAD, email, spreadsheet, Word, and PDF editing programs I use daily. My next debate was flat versus curved. I knew 32-34 inch was the size I wanted but had never worked for any long period of time with a curved screen. I'm glad I selected this Dell curved monitor for my daily Office tasks. The curved screen is very comfortable, the 3440x1440 resolution is crisp and clear, and multitasking is a snap with the presets.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Dell U3417W FR3PK 34-Inch Screen Led-Lit Monitor