DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal Flight Bundle includes Drone, Aluminum Carrying Case and Spare Intelligent Flight Battery Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

dji

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 24 customers
3.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 23 customers
    3.9 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar: by 1 customers
    1.0 out of 5

Features

• DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal
  • Professional Hardshell Custom Aluminum Carrying Case for all DJI Phantom Drones
  • Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery - 4480mah
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by FL-Reviewer :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

87 people found the following review helpful

Excellent product poor documentation.

I purchased this after much research. The P3 4K is an excellent SUAS and you will love it.

The reason I gave it only 4 stars was that getting it up and running was somewhat problematic. The documentation that came with it was seriously lacking, but the user community is huge so that helps. The other issue is that you must update the firmware as soon as you receive it and that process was quite difficult. Apparently DJI has updated many of their products but their online documentation has not kept up.

Here is what I had to do so that I could fly the DJI. None of this was found online, though after talking with the DJI Help Desk they confirmed my findings.

1. Charge both the Remote Control (RC) and the aircraft battery fully before beginning.
  2. To update the firmware you must use the DJI GO app on either an Android or Apple product. I used a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Download the latest version of the DJI GO app for your device.
  3. Follow the directions (these were actually correct) to turn on the RC then connect your device to the WiFi on the device. IT will come up with a wireless network with “Phantom…” in the name with a bunch of numbers after. The wifi code is 12341234
  4. It will ask you to connect the aircraft, so turn it on following the directions.
  5. Once it is connected, it will say you must “Activate” the aircraft. It walked me through numerous questions about the aircraft and myself (like what you wanted to name the aircraft, your email address etc…) Once it was complete it said to disconnected from the RC Wifi and connect to your home network to finish the activation. I did that and then once it was activated, it downloaded the latest firmware. It then said to reconnect to the RC to complete the firmware update.
  6. I reconnected to the RC WiFi and the firmware updated. The aircraft makes all kinds of crazy noises while it is updating, but it was successful.
  7. According to the instructions you are supposed to update the RC also, but I didn’t specifically do anything to do that but it must have updated, because after all of this I was able to go out and fly the P3 4K.

I would strongly recommend using the following links to understand completely how to get your P3 4K up and going. These were VERY informative and difficult to find on the DJI website.
[…]

Again, the ONLY reason I gave it four stars was the documentation.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal Flight Bundle includes Drone, Aluminum Carrying Case and Spare Intelligent Flight Battery

Walmart Review by JeffinWV :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

1 people found the following review helpful

Never Got Off The Ground

I was prepared to publish a complete breakdown with facts and timeline, but then I fortunately came to my senses. I have already put way too much into this little adventure.

The bottom line is that I purchased a DJI, Phantom 3, 4K, drone combo package. To my delight, I received it fairly rapidly. To my disappointment, I could never get the unit to turn on. After a assortment of email advising me on what I am to do next. It was finally decided that I am to return the drone to DJI-USA. After which, they would return a new drone upon receipt of the broken drone by DJI.

Unfortunately, DJI received the drone on Tuesday, December 6th at 1:48pm. It is now a week later with no word of a drone shipped back to me.

So, it would appear that I am to spend a large amount of money, to receive a defective DJI drone in exchange. Then, spend a large amount of time, effort, and an unbelievable amount of communication to either get my money returned or have another drone sent back to my location. Any way that you look at it, no patron should have to deal with a consumer nightmare such as this.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal Flight Bundle includes Drone, Aluminum Carrying Case and Spare Intelligent Flight Battery