• For paddling, boating, camping, hiking
  • Holds owners manuals, snacks, maps, electronics
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by RP :star::star::star::star::star:

45 people found the following review helpful

Works great with Kindle 3!

I was looking for a nice waterproof cover for my Kindle 3, and if you've done this yourself you know that the options are fairly limited.

When I came across this one, I loved the reviews on how waterproof it was, as well as it’s simple design. (The super reasonable price didn’t hurt at all, either.) I was sadly disappointed to see that it’s not Kindle-friendly… but wait, that review was for Kindle 2.

Out of curiosity, I checked the Kindle 3’s dimensions. Amazon lists it at 7.5" x 4.8" (the Wi-Fi and 3G + Wi-Fi versions are the same size) and I thought that even with some lost space from the corner reinforcements (you can see them in Kwik Tek’s included product pic), it seemed like a good fit.

We all know what they say about assuming things though, so I ordered it as an optimistic guinea pig.

Bottom line: This 6" x 9" size fits the Kindle 3 perfectly. It’s snug enough that you don’t lose the light, compact feel of the Kindle itself, but it’s not at all tight. You don’t have to take my word for it, though, go to customer images for the photographic proof!

I ran my own impromptu torture test on the case (this may not be in the directions, but I bet a lot of people head straight to their sinks!). After being submerged for 20 minutes, the tissues I stowed in there were completely dry.

On a side note, I really had to weigh it down to keep it under too, because it tries its hardest to float back to the surface. Highly “scientific” tests aside, I’m sure that will come in handy.

The vinyl feels heavy duty and not flimsy at all, but it’s flexible enough to easily use the Kindle’s buttons. The power slide is the most awkward, but still doable.

Just one more thing- Kwik Tek clearly states that the yellow plastic part (where the case actually seals) can release bubbles and get some water inside. This doesn’t affect the “pocket” at all, but for maximum dryness, you can give it a quick wipe before you slide your stuff out.

Bonus tip: If you have the ‘official’ Amazon leather Kindle cover, here’s how you remove it (in case you’re like me and didn’t think you’d have a reason to take it on/off much): Of the two side tabs, push the top one down and then firmly slide your Kindle clockwise until it’s free. Very simple and not at all “rough” on the device, so you can comfortably move between waterproof, leather/lighted, and whatever other kind of case you’re in the mood for.

Hope this helps! Happy reading everyone. :slight_smile:

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: DRY PAK DPC-912 Multi-Purpose Case

Walmart Review by JennJenn68 :star::star::star::star::star:

2 people found the following review helpful

wonderful product!

I bought this to put my speaker in while floating around the pool, river, & lake. It is awesome! I love it & wish I had owned one for years. I also have a smaller one for my cell phone. I can talk, text, & email in the water with it. I highly recommend these products to everyone. you cant protect your electronics for this cheap any other way.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: DRY PAK DPC-912 Multi-Purpose Case

@michigan I want it