4.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 788 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1101 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• 75% more brush bar power than the V6 Cord-free vacuum.
  • Cord-free. Hassle-free.
  • Up to 20 minutes of continuous suction. Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning.
  • The Direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove even more dirt.
  • Crevice tool fits into tight gaps and narrow spaces.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Jake :star::star::star::star::star:

43 people found the following review helpful

Perfect for apartments

This is my first Dyson vacuum and I was expecting to feel that the price was exorbitant, but it is a fairly compelling package. First off, it is much more attractive than the pictures on here suggest - it is darker and reddish. Also there was more metal than I expected and the plastic parts are a very dense and strong type of plastic. Nothing feels cheap or poorly crafted. The included wall mount is also practical and aesthetically pleasing.

The suction power is pretty impressive for a cordless. It has enough power to clean carpets fairly well, better than many cheap wired vacuums. It also handles quite well. The trigger has to be held down the whole time, but it isnt intended to clean a large house. On that vein, it also fills up its canister quickly. Still, it can last up to 20 minutes or so on a single charge.

It is a real pleasure to use and even works nicely as decor. You can get an electrolux for less, but it wont have half the suction power. If you have a small house or apartment, this may be all you need.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum

Amazon Review by RobertB :star::star::star::star::star:

328 people found the following review helpful

Wood Floor Cleaning Beast

I bought this to vacuum wood floors since half our house is wood floors. I have to say I'm am thoroughly impressed how good this works to the point, I may never use a broom and dust pan again. I was concerned it wouldn't vacuum up into the edges or corners very well, but it does, perfectly. I cannot believe how much more dirt this picks up versus a broom.

Although Dyson markets this as a carpet vacuum, I’m not going to get rid of my Oreck. I bought it for wood floors, not carpet. That said, it does a reasonably good job on “low pile” carpets. Shag type carpets, the head will just stop turning. It also doesn’t work well on small flexible throw rugs as the suction is so great, it tends to sucks them up and stop the beater brush from turning. However, it works well with stiff throw rugs. It also works great vacuuming the carpeted stairs since it’s lightweight and your not fumbling or tripping over a cord.

Mine was on sale, and shipped from Amazon for 319.00. Was surprised during checkout there was an additional 65 dollar Dyson discount, bringing the total to 254.00. Pleasant surprise for sure.

Pluses:
this is wood floor cleaning beast
great almost shop vac power suction
vacuums corners & edges very well
no cord, and battery lasts a long time
comes with a charger unit that also works as a wall hanger
works fairly well on low pile carpets and stiff throw rugs
easy to dump the dirt it collects

Cons:
forget about vacuuming high pile or shag carpets with this
doesn’t vacuum loose or flexible throw rugs. the suction is too much (which is a plus on wood floors)
over priced unless you nail down a good discount. Would I have paid 400 for this? hell no. But I did pay 254.00 with Prime free shipping

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum

Best Buy Review by GigiRM :star::star::star::star::star:

Outstanding Machine!!

Let me begin by saying I had a Shark Vacuum I bought in Macy's prior to upgrading to this machine. I bought said Shark Vacuum a year ago, so it was relatively new when you consider a lot of people will have a vacuum for years. I thought Dysons were over the top expensive and why would anyone spend so much for a machine? Well... my Husband bought me one for Christmas and now I understand why!! This machine IS AMAZING!! Out of the box it sucked a canister full of dirt my Shark Vacuum was leaving behind!!! I should add I am COMPULSIVE about cleaning... OCD status... I Vacuum practically everyday... So seeing that much dirt come out of carpets I had previously vacuumed was mind blowing. This little machine is light weight, I can vacuum my whole 2 bedroom Apartment in in about 15 minutes and it honestly leaves NOTHING behind. I used to have to concentrate 15 minutes per area because my previous vacuum cleaner constantly left things behind. I am honestly and truthfully in love with this machine and find myself vacuuming for the sake of vacuuming just to use it... LOL... I know that sounds over the top but honestly, it fun to use! I really recommend splurging on a good machine. This machine has really turned me into a believer.... Dyson totally lives up to all the hype and is truthfully worth the money.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum