• Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 659 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 1335 customers
    4.9 out of 5

Features

• Cord-free. Hassle-free. The most powerful suction
  • Up to 40 minutes of powerful suction (up to 25 minutes with motorized floor tool attached). Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning
  • Whole machine HEPA filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe
  • Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8, it creates the most powerful cordless vacuum
  • The direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove even more dirt. It has 150% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord-free vacuum
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Dave :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

633 people found the following review helpful

I wish I hadn't bought this.......

I have never owned a Dyson before, but I had heard good things about them. My wife wanted a cordless vacuum for quick clean ups downstairs and I try to make a habit of not buying junk. I did some research and was most impressed by the Dyson V8's 40 minute runtime. Couple that with Dyson's reputation of high tech, forward thinking and I was sure that paying three times more than most other cordless vacuums was a solid idea. Once I received the vacuum and read through the manual I felt taken advantage of. Dyson set their own bar so high in their own description that I had no choice other than do be sorely disappointed in the V8. Here are my four concerns:

1). This is by far my biggest complaint. The other three complaints are minor, but this one isn’t. The only battery spec you will ever see advertised as of 8/30/16 is “up to 40 minutes”. In fact, the box says “40 minute” with a picture of a battery. The box has no asterisk, and no explanation. Once you open the box and read the material, you will find that this vacuum only has 25 minutes of battery when used on low suction with the motorized carpet head, and only 7 minutes on night suction. I have no issue with the 7 minutes on high, my issue is with the 25 minutes on low suction with the carpet tool installed. I feel like that should be explained everywhere they advertise “40 minutes”. Honestly, I feel like they’re deceptive; and I thought Dyson, as a company, was above that.

2). Dyson consistently advertises their products as “carbon free” which means they are carbon brush free, known as brushless. They even included a small white booklet (see picture) with this very vacuum basically saying that the electric motor hasn’t changed in 100 years, but Dyson is so freaking awesome that they use brushless motors. Well, on page 12 of the user manual, under “operation” it says “this machine has carbon fiber brushes.” (See picture) So basically I’m still not clear if this motor is an awesome Dyson technologically superior advanced “brushless” motor, or the old brushed version that they say hasn’t changed in 100 years. Why is this relevant? Brushless motors are stronger and use less battery. Also, brushes are a consumable item, meaning they wear out and need replacement.

3). Dyson has always advertised that their vacuums never lose suction. The owners manual extensively covers how to unclog several areas of the vacuum.(see picture) The fine print of the warranty says that clogs are not covered by warranty. (See picture). So if my vacuum is clogged, does it lose suction? Of course it does.

4). There are two filters that need to be washed in water and air dried for 24 hours at least once a month. I have never had to wash filters on my vacuum before. Maybe I’m just getting old and behind the times on this one, and if so, you can just disregard this criticism. Just be aware, you’ll need to “wash” you vacuum monthly.

Basically, I’m mostly disappointed with Dyson’s marketing and advertising tactics. I feel lied to, I feel cheated. If you understand that this vacuum has a 25 minute runtime when used with the carpet brush or hard floor brush, then it’s really hard to justify paying $599. Shortly, the Dyson rep will chime in and explain that you indeed can achieve 40 minute run time using the crevice tool or duster. That’s great, maybe you should explain that when you advertise your specs. I, like most people, planned on using the hard floor and carpet brush heads exclusively, so I will exclusively get 25 minutes, never 40. For that reason alone, this is going back.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum

Walmart Review by LnkSys :star::star::star::star::star:

8 people found the following review helpful

Love Love Love It

So far it is one of the best purchases I have made. The suction is great and picks up without any trouble. There were no adjustments to what it would or would not pick up because it picks up exacting what my cannister vacuum picked up but without a cord or rolling cannister or hose to trip over. I was leery because I was afraid it would not hold a charge long enough or not have enough suction. I have hardwood floors and love that it takes no time to vacuum the house, and to me it was not as tiring because I was not pulling something behind me. My mom who is 80 says that the head is heavy to her, but I guess it just feels so much better than the cannister experience I have not noticed.

It was well worth the price and hope it continues to be something I never regret because I really hate vacuuming with the cannister which I will keep because of deep house cleaning that only a cannister is good for.

Again to me it was well worth the price, and I love it.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum

thank you

Dyson V8 Cord Free Top Selected Deals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeE-Y_pY1Uw

Best Buy Review by MMarshall :star::star::star::star::star:

Great pickup Vac

I use this in my music studio. It's great for getting under cabinets and racks that are on rollers and picking up the dirt and dust around wires laying on the floor. It cleans the rack equipment with the attachments nicely. Battery power is great. Battery longevity is ok but should be longer. Buy an extra battery or two (just like you would for electric hand tools). That way when the battery gets to the end and time to recharge, you can pop another one in and let the used warm one time to sit and cool down before the battery is recharged. One extra battery will give you an hour on low speed. Two extra batteries should give you an hour on high suction. Low power is not bad though. This may sound bad but this is the best I've found and I've owned at least 4-5 of the other expensive brands. This is by far the best hand vacume when it comes to suction power, construction, ease of use, support, guarantee, and the ability for the customer to buy parts off the dyson website to replace or just have extras. After using this vacume, if I were to suddenly not have it anymore I would have to go buy another. It is expensive but I find I have no aggravation with this vacume and spending the money is not so painful because of that experience. I think you will love it, especially if you get at least one extra battery pack. ;-)

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum