EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher - Silver Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

edgestar

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 221 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 219 customers
    4.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 2 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• Digital control panel with LED display / Six (6) standard place setting capacity
  • Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Six (6) wash cycles
  • Delayed start feature / Child lock function / Input voltage: 120 V/60 Hz
  • Fits most standard sized faucets / Stainless steel interior / 5 foot hose included
  • Dimensions: 17-3/16" H x 21-11/16" W x 19-11/16" D
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Byron :star::star::star::star::star:

143 people found the following review helpful

Equal cleaning to any decent full size dishwasher

After living in tiny apartments in Hawaii for 5 years while I was a bachelor in the Navy, and having to hand wash all my dishes, I moved into a small house that didn't have a dishwasher and I said "No more!". If you have a habit of eating out because of the inconvenience of having to hand wash all your dishes, like any dishwasher, this will rather quickly wind up paying for itself several times over - granted, that could be said of any dishwasher. So, specifically about this one:

One of the things a lot of people criticize in the reviews here is that the shortest setting is 10 minutes for a freshwater rinse, or for a regular wash cycle you can use the 45 minute cycle - many seem to complain that there isn’t a mid-length cycle in between these. Well, it’s true that some dishwashers have one, but generally speaking, most don’t and take somewhere between 30-60 minutes to wash a load. I think there is a tendency to think that because the unit is compact and does smaller loads, that it might inherently do them faster - I understand where this presumption comes from, but if you think about it, that really doesn’t make sense and it’s actually normal and acceptable that the unit takes just as long as any other basic model dishwasher for a full and proper wash cycle. I’m not trying to criticize people for wanting a shorter cycle, I’m just saying, for those of you considering buying a mini-dish washer, it would be wise to adjust your expectations accordingly - they’re generally smaller, but that doesn’t mean faster.

It does internally heat the water which really helps dissolve the soap and wash away greasy dishes. I haven’t actually used the longer wash cycles (70 minutes, and 1hr 45 minutes I think?) because I always just soak my pots and pans in the sink anyway - but normal dishes as clean as could be on the shorter, 45 minute wash cycle. I just give things a quick rinse before I put them in there, but I don’t pre soak normal dishes or anything, and they always come out perfect, peanut butter, pasta sauce, wine, tea, coffee - everything comes out sparkling. I even use only half the detergent recommended, Costco dish-washing powder, (it’s my habit to minimize, reduce, and conserve), but everything always comes out great anyway. I have high mineral well-water, so doing a load daily, I add a half cup of white vinegar to the start of a cycle once a week to keep the nice steel interior clean and looking new.

The clearance between the wash arm at the bottom and the rack is a little smaller than full sized dishwashers, I’ve found it wise to bump it with my finger to make sure it doesn’t strike any dishes sticking down below the rack before I start it up to wash a load - just as one might with any other dishwasher.

The good:

-Not noisy, operates and a comfortable ‘medium-quiet’ volume. i.e. it’s not near-silent like a $2000 stainless steel European dishwasher, but it also doesn’t roar disruptively. I’m in college and study in the room next to the open kitchen while it’s running, so if that’s any indicator?

-It’s stainless steel inside, which I thought was a nice touch of quality, especially for an affordable, compact model.

-It’s smaller and does smaller loads (which is the purpose, right?) but all around, I don’t find that one has to sacrifice anything for the convenience of having this compact model. Same sound, same wash, same soap, smaller size - that’s it.

The bad:

My only “complaint” is that if you disconnect the hose while it’s washing in order to use your kitchen faucet for something real quick, and then reconnect it and forget to turn the water back on, the dishwasher will beep and show an “E1” error on the display when it tries to do it’s next rinse, but it won’t resume washing if you hear the beep and then turn the water on - rather, you’ll get the beep, the “E1” error message (which means no water pressure), and then have to reset the 45 minute wash cycle back to the beginning and start over. This is being very nit-picky, and I’m not really trying to make a complaint out of it, as generally, I start it before I go to bed so I’ve only caused this interruption twice and it really didn’t inconvenience me when it happened anyway. I’m really not actually mentioning it to “complain” about it, but it seemed relevant to mention for you all to set your expectations accordingly, since that’s what reviews of good products are really for (my opinion). With that, I am content to give it 5 stars and think that overall, you’ll enjoy and appreciate this thing - I’ve genuinely been very happy with it across the board.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher - Silver

Walmart Review by kolinkah :star::star::star::star::star:

1 people found the following review helpful

Brilliant!

I'm so happy with this purchase. The dishwasher takes as much room as the dish drainer. Only drawback is learning to use inner space effectively but with a little practice it's not an issue.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher - Silver

@liesbeth Thanks :smile:

Thank you

EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Energy Star Countertop Dishwasher- DWP61ES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6IMcVDdaQ