Epson Expression Home XP-400 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC07201) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

epson

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3525 customers
3.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar: by 1316 customers
    3.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 2209 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• Small-in-One design
  • Easy wireless printing
  • Card slots, 2.5-Inch LCD and touch panel
  • Mobile device printing
  • Quiet Operation
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Terry :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

597 people found the following review helpful

A budget, home printer with some surprising features!

This is one of Epson's budget home printers, but I am surprised at how many great features it has! The list includes wireless printing, scanning, copying, as well as an SD/memory card slot and a pop-up, LCD, touch screen front control panel.

Upon unboxing, you will see that this is a small printer. The dimensions closed are 15.25" wide x 5.50" tall x 12" deep. With paper loaded in the back and the paper tray extended in the front, the dimensions are 15.25" wide x 12" tall x 17.50" deep.

Be sure and take all of the packing tape and foam off and out of the printer before using. Epson suggests having a USB printer cable (NOT included) available for printer setup, even if you will be using this printer wirelessly. I have set up several Epson wireless printers and have never needed a USB cable. Here are the steps I use for an easy, trouble-free installation.

On your computer, go to Epson dot com and under support and drivers, enter XP-400 and download the combo software driver package. Even though a CD with the drivers comes included, they are invariably outdated so get the latest ones from Epson. While you are at it, bookmark (and later print) the full User’s Guide at Epson. It contains much more information than the printed Quick Guide that is included in the box.

While it is downloading, power on your printer. It will direct you to install the ink cartridges (included). Then, on the LCD touchscreen, select wifi setup. You will need to know the name of your wireless network (SSID) and the password, if any. Once this setup is complete, it will offer to print a wifi confirmation test page, so load some paper if you wish to do this.

Now go to your computer and install the software and drivers you just downloaded. When it asks, select “this printer is already connected to my wireless network” and continue with the installation. When it finishes, including any firmware upgrades, you’re ready to print! By the way, if there are several computers in your home, you must install the combo software drivers package on EVERY computer that wishes to print to this printer.

Note: if you print the initial test pages during installation, you will notice it is excruciatingly slow. Don’t worry - after installation is complete, printing, scanning and copying is much speedier.

Text is crisp and clear and color printing is vibrant. You will get the best results using premium inkjet paper or premium photo paper, but text documents are quite acceptable on plain, old copy paper. Photos on photo paper are pretty darn good! Not photo lab quality, but you could certainly frame a print for your desk and not be unhappy with the quality.

Scanning in professional mode produces excellent scans! The Epson scanning software offers many options to suit your needs and is relatively easy to figure out even without reading the user’s manual.

The SD/memory card slot on the front of the printer lets you print without even turning on your computer! You can even print a preview sheet of all the photos on the SD card from your digital camera.

A nice surprise is that this printer features Air Print, Epson Connect and Google cloud printing! Air Print means that for me, I can print from my iPhone, iPad or iPod without any additional setup! Epson connect lets you print remotely from anywhere you are. Google cloud printing lets android users print wirelessly from their phones and other devices and even lets you share your printer with others.

I’m very surprised at how many features this printer has. Because it’s a budget printer, there is no paper tray and it doesn’t have fax capabilities and it’s not as speedy as the Epson WorkForce line. But I can definitely recommend it for home use at a very affordable price.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Home XP-400 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC07201)

Walmart Review by realitychk :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

140 people found the following review helpful

Great start - lousy later

I was happy with this printer. Easy setup, good print quality and then...black ink stopped printing. No problem, cleaned the heads, nope, nozzle check - no black. hmmm ink level full, aligned heads, cleaned again. Nope. Checked the internet - seems this is a common issue, so I should find a fix right? Nope again. Called support, on a registered product, I have to email a copy of the receipt to them before they will even discuss the problem. But recommend I sign up onto their loyalty page to get discounts on my next printer and supplies. WHAT? I have had this 400 a bit over 6 months, have $50 of new ink in a printer that will not print black that they will not talk to me about without a receipt (why do we register again?) and this is the only thing they will discuss. No longer happy. 1st Epson will be my last, too bad but if support had been better they might still have a customer. So bottom line if 6 months of a good printer is acceptable, and after that is a bonus you will be happy. If you don't accept that sort of service pass.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Home XP-400 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC07201)

@liesbeth Thanks :+1: