Epson Expression Home XP-430 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

epson

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3569 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 1023 customers
    3.6 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1720 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 826 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

• Easy setup and navigation - large, hi-res 2.7" color LCD to easily print, copy and scan.
  • Complete wireless solution - easy iPad, iPhone, Android tablet and smartphone printing
  • includes Wi-Fi Direct for network-free printing.
  • Affordable individual ink cartridges - replace only the color you need.
  • Easily adjust and print photos - built-in memory card slot for PC-free photo printing
  • includes tools for red-eye removal, photo restoration and more.
  • Reload paper less often - 100-sheet paper capacity.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by PhotoGraphics :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

1008 people found the following review helpful

Basic and costly to use

In the past I have worked for Epson, as well as HP, Xerox and Kodak and I have a greater than average knowledge of how printers work and what motivates the manufacturers. I no longer work for any of the above nor did I get this as a free sample from anyone so I have no prejudices pro or con the brand or this model.

This as an entry level AIO (all-in-one) printer that has some good features going for it and some not-so-good.

POSITIVES

1. Size: it won’t hog your desktop yet performs the basic functions of a printer, copier, scanner (no fax).

2. It prints acceptable but not great photos when used with the appropriate photo paper. The photos are not great because it does not use any specialty photo color ink tanks, only the four basic colors usually found on low-end printers

3. The printer can be used with a standard USB cable or wirelessly. Wireless operation has improved markedly recently, allowing easy printer sharing, use with smartphones or tablets, and permitting the printer to be located in more convenient locations. When used wirelessly it prints just as fast as when it is connected using a wired connection.

THE PRINTER ALSO HAS SOME DOWNSIDES:

1. It is slower than some people may be used to.

2. It is NOT a two-sided printer, a severe disadvantage. Two-sided printing is common on printers these days that cost as low as $50.

3. The LCD display screen is relatively small and is not high resolution.

4. While the ink cartridges are low priced they also have a low page count which can make the cost-per-print higher than average.

It is rated an average buy for its very small size, quality of construction and paper handling (front feed).

Final note - shop carefully. The selling price of this model varies widely. At the lowest selling price it’s worth considering. At the higher end of the range there are better options available.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Home XP-430 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier

Walmart Review by EDDY :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

EPSON IS BY BY

I ALWAYS LIKED EPSON PRODUCTS BUT INK THIS ONE IS GONE IN SECONDS PLUS PHOTOS DONT PRINT VERY WELL ITS OVER PRICED TO I SENT IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND WHICH I GOT

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Home XP-430 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier

thank you :+1:

Watch an overview of all the impressive features of Epson's Expression Home XP-430 Small-in-One Prin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6r5dD_SMjo

Best Buy Review by BLinSanRafael :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Printer - EASY set up!

We just bought this printer in a great BB sale. We were hesitant to buy a wireless printer as so many are hard to set up. My husband, who is fairly technically challenged, set it up in under 10 min! Works great - good quality copies - and lots of features for a very low price! We were able to get all of our laptops set up in minutes. They call it "Small in One" and it is much smaller and streamlined than others we looked at which is nice - takes up less room in our apartment. Also recommend downloading the free Epson AirPrint app from iTunes if you have an iPhone/iPad. It set up AirPrint in seconds and now I can print right from my phone. And love fact that it has 4 sep cartridges so replacing ink will be cost effective as you will only have to buy color you need. My husband used the driver from enclosed CD; I easily downloaded the driver to my tablet from the Epson website. Can't go wrong with this printer or the BB price which was $30 less than most other online sources for this printer.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Home XP-430 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier