Epson Expression Premium XP-520 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier Review ⭐⭐⭐:halfstar::emptystar:

epson

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 188 customers
3.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 70 customers
    3.7 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 118 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• Convenient - auto 2-sided printing saves time and paper
  • Lab quality - borderless photos up to 8" x 10"
  • Ultimate wireless - iPad, iPhone, tablet, smartphone and Wi-Fi Direct printing
  • Replacement Ink Cartridges - 273 Standard-capacity Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Black
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by The Love Train :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

16 people found the following review helpful

Google this and research the evidence before purchasing

This printer looks deceptively nice, but be not fooled. It's a defective piece of junk. I ordered one, then had to return it for a replacement. The second printer was exactly as the first; neither would recognize its own Epson cyan ink cartridge. Mind you, I'm savvy with computer hardware and neither I, nor Espon Customer Service could remedy the problem.

Google this issue concerning Epson printers and you’ll find that it isn’t unique to me, or this model. The fact is, Epson most of all doesn’t want you buying and using less expensive aftermarket ink cartridges in their printers. They want to monopolize your big-ink money so bad that they’ve now overly-sensitized their printers to the point that they often refuse to recognize their own cartridges.

Moreover, this XP-520 is a new model only recently released, but browse and see for yourself … it’s now completely disappeared for purchase from the Epson website. Go figure.

Beyond the time-soaking issues I experienced with Epson, Amazon’s always quick and ready to please. They’re currently processing my refund on the second flop that I had to return. I’ve since reordered from them and received an exemplary ‘Brother’ printer. I highly recommend that you do the same. Go, Brother … or try something other. You’ll be glad that you did.

Lastly and as always, thank you once again to Amazon. You’re simply the best.

• Update: December 13, 2014 - Out of curiosity I’ve been daily revisiting the Epson website and today the Expression Premium XP-520 was readded to their lineup for sale. It had been completely removed for the best part of the previous week and I thought perhaps it had been discontinued. Maybe they’ve attempted to correct the problems it was experiencing, maybe not. Either way, personally, I won’t make the same mistake a third time. There are too many dependable options out there to choose from.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Premium XP-520 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier

Walmart Review by geo3 :star::star::star::star::star:

10 people found the following review helpful

Wonderful product!!!

Everything about this purchase from the online contract to pick up at the store was handled impeccably. A big thank you to Walmart. Even the clerk I picked it up from warned me about the short supply of ink in the cartridges that shipped with the printer. I was able to order online replacements immediately and now I won't run short. The printer itself is a gem. The setup was pretty quick. The printed instructions do not show the output tray, which had me looking around for a while before I found it. I had tried to print the test page and it would not print because the output tray was not folded out. The Wi-Fi setup was flawless. The duplex printing worked flawlessly. Air print is a great feature, I can print directly from my cell phone, my android cell phone that is. I can print from my iPad as well, no physical look up needed. If I wanted a fax machine I would have bought the hire model.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Epson Expression Premium XP-520 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier

Check out this youtube video

Amazing Epson Expression Premium XP-820 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUaOlc7L5g