Epson WorkForce GT-1500 Document Image Sheet-Fed Scanner with Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) (B11B190011) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

epson

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 470 customers
3.8 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 282 customers
    3.7 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 9 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 179 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Achieve remarkable clarity and detail - 1200 x 2400 dpi resolution
  • Get more done - scans up to 20 ppm
  • Quickly scan documents - 40-page Automatic Document Feeder
  • Organize scanned documents - document management software included
  • Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, XP Home Edition, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.5.x
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by G. Ware Cornell Jr. :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

177 people found the following review helpful

Not really ready for the office

I was looking for a scanner to allow me to bring my trusty ScanSnap S510M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner home from the office. A scanner offering 20ppm scanning with a 40 document auto-feeder and a name like Workforce seemed to fit the bill.

Unfortunately I will be using this scanner at home and keeping my Snapscan at the office. What happened?

Well the major thing that happened is the interface. A scanner may print at 20 pages per minute, but if you have to spend a couple of minutes getting it to start scanning (in spite of the zero warm up time) and a few more minutes post scanning getting it into the correct file, the pages per minute input is misleading. By contrast the Snapscan goes to work immediately and then offers you a default storage location or the opportunity to change quickly to another location.

The other feature I wanted was a flatbed scanner, missing with the Snapscan, and the GT-1500 definitely has one. However I realized this feature was more suited for home use where I have photos than the office where I am storing documents.

The ADF is another problem. It works fine with a stack of documents but is greatly resistant to just one page.

Now for the good stuff, the scan quality is excellent and the OCR program that is included performs reliably. I personally prefer IRIS ReadIris Pro 11.0 (Mac) but I cannot complain about the output quality.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Epson WorkForce GT-1500 Document Image Sheet-Fed Scanner with Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) (B11B190011)

Walmart Review by GTDJ :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Going Paperless

Pretty fantastic scanner. It's maybe not as fast as I'd like, and it doesn't do the whole duplex thing, and it occasionally jams, but I think that's pretty par for the course on scanners. In any case, we've scanned over 3,000 documents (ranging from 1-180 pages) without too much difficulty.

There’s a bit of a learning curve with the software and settings, and PaperPort is a nightmare (though it’s nice for fixing errors and merging scanned PDFs). But once you have it set up, it’s pretty straight forward.

For larger documents, it can be frustrating to be 45 pages in on a 50 page document and have page 46 jam, but it’s solvable–just scan the last 5 and use the PaperPort software to merge/stack them, and you’re good to go.

TL;DR Summary: Normal scanner problems notwithstanding, this is a solid scanner for converting a high volume of documents.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Epson WorkForce GT-1500 Document Image Sheet-Fed Scanner with Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) (B11B190011)

@fuzal Not sure yet :confused:

Best Buy Review by Chris :star::star::star::star::star:

exceptional service

assisted with finding the right product, at the right price, and delivered very quickly.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Epson WorkForce GT-1500 Document Image Sheet-Fed Scanner with Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) (B11B190011)