Exact Replacements Sp12ya-404064 6-Inch 3 Turn Universal Range Surface Elements Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

exact-replacements

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 17 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 15 customers
    4.1 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Ul Listed
  • 6" Dimensions
  • 3 Turn
  • Great for all your needs
  • Product is UL Listed
  • 6 Inch, 3 turns
  • Light weight design makes for easy installation
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Muzakologist :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Check your angles!

I was replacing an element from a hot plate -- saving $5 by ordering the part and not a new hot plate. I'd seen this listed as the "universal" element -- which this seller didn't, and good for him/her, because it's not QUITE universal.

It heats just fine. The problem was the bending of the leads, which the images on this product do not show. They are all from the top, straight down, so you can see the coils. But when you look at it from the side, you can see that it has dimension – the coils that form the cooking surface are about an inch above the leads.

So far, no problem. But in my original, both leads bent upward at the same place, next to each other, and on this one, they don’t. As shown in the image supplied, the left element goes forward and inch or two, bends 90 degrees, goes straight up another 1" (invisible in the picture, 'cause it’s coming right at you) then bends 90 degrees to the left and begins the clockwise coil.

With THIS element, unlike my original, the right lead goes about 3" before it has the 90-degree bends. This means that the two leads bend down from the surface level about 2" apart. This would be fine except that my drip pan’s holes for the leads did not accommodate that bend. At all. And the material is pretty well unbendable (a good thing, probably), so you can’t bend IT to fit.

So I bought a pair of tinsnips and cut my drip pan and made it fit. It’s a bit ugly, but it works now. $21 later… oh well.

Here are some images of other elements so you can (sort of) see the geometry:Whirlpool Stove 8-inch Surface Burner Element 9761345 / 8053268 Range Stove Top Surface 8" Burner Element 316442300
 None Ers30m1 Ge ® Range Surface Elements (6")

Judging from the other replacement range elements available, my old one is the weird version, not this one, so I still rate it high. But I do advise purchasers to check all three dimensions before selecting their item. And I remove 1 star because the little metal piece holding the two leads together is not adjustable, whereas it was held together by a screw on my old one, and I like that better for getting it in and out of the drip pan hole (was holes).

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Exact Replacements Sp12ya-404064 6-Inch 3 Turn Universal Range Surface Elements

Walmart Review by Leslie :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Stove Element

Have used it only 2 times. Works fine.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Exact Replacements Sp12ya-404064 6-Inch 3 Turn Universal Range Surface Elements

@geek30 I love it :slight_smile: