amazon

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 19308 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 19308 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• Fire TV Stick, our best-selling streaming media stick, now comes with a voice remote. Find all your favorites just by speaking into the remote.
  • Now with Alexa, use your Fire TV Voice Remote to check local theater times, sports scores, the weather, play music, and more - just ask
  • Just plug into your HDTV and start streaming in minutes. The easiest way to enjoy over 4,000 channels, apps, and games including access to over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO GO, Hulu, and more.
  • Cutting the cord? Watch the best of live TV on NBC News, NBA, and Sling TV, which includes ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E, Cartoon Network, and more.
  • A powerful streaming media stick with 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor, 1 GB of memory, and ASAP so the Amazon movies and shows you like start instantly
  • Never miss out. Bring Fire TV Stick with you to watch your favorites away from home, even in hotels and dorm rooms.
  • Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Video, including original programming like Transparent, plus over 1 million songs with Prime Music. Now get a subscription to apps like Showtime and STARZ to watch TV episodes, movies, and sports, without cable.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

here is a nice youtube video

Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gmr8Up0mjA

Amazon Review by Duane :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

64 people found the following review helpful

It's an okay video library, but beware, it has it issues!!!

I have to give credit to the team of writers who wrote the product description.They make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. With that out of the way, I only gave it 3 stars, because although it's a great product, it has much to be desired as well. After reading many, many reviews I was skeptical about purchasing this "miracle of modern video technology". I purchased it anyway under the assumption (according to the product description) I would have "thousands and thousands" of movies, series, documentaries, historical programs, etc to watch. All for the Prime Subscription price of $99 and the cost of your Fire TV unit. And you do, sort of. For starters, after reading many negative reviews regarding this issue, this is not a substitute for a paid subscription cable or satellite service. This is a supplement or add-on for your paid services. Something Amazon should stress more in their product description. Fire TV is an excellent substitute to use in place of adding a few premium movie channels to your cable subscription, (at a high price) and only getting a handful of available movies. Plus it comes along with some nice perks like apps, games, photo's and a few more perks. You don't actually watch a "live" TV broadcast like you do on cable or satellite.. Although there are few live streaming channels you can download, you have to be careful. The video, while streaming live, is still jumpy and the audio spotty even if your using a very fast router. On the flip side, the picture clarity and sound quality for everything else is as good as cable. What you do with Fire TV is select episodes of the series you select. Fire TV is simply a "video library" of archived movies, TV shows, sit-coms, series, documentaries, etc. Nothing more. You don't actually watch a "live" TV broadcast.You select episodes of the series you want to watch. In addition, it's not all free. From movies, to series, to whatever, some access is restricted. For example to view episodes of shows on the "History" channel, you would select "History" and then you get a screen that requires you to go to your computer and enter a web site to type in a code to enable your cable subscriber to allow access to "History" through Fire TV. There are quite a few of these. Although it's not a terrible inconvenience, and it is free, it's time consuming and annoying. In addition, although there are many, many movies that are free, there are just as many movies that are not "free with your $99 Prime Subscription". You still have to rent or purchase them and it's billed to your Amazon account. The same goes for your cable premium channels like "HBO, SHO, etc". You still have to have a paid subscription through your cable provider before you can access them on Fire TV. Suddenly I find myself asking, what happened to "all for your Prime Subscription for $99???" Hmm... I would not recommend this for someone who does not already have a paid service, it could get boring real fast. It does however have two good perks though, free two day delivery of your packages, and it's portable. I don't know if those are real selling points or not, but it helps. The bottom line here is, if your looking for a video library you can access from your sofa, that's offering more than you cable or satellite does, this is it. If you have children this may also be good for you as it has access to hundreds of games and apps as well to keep the little one's occupied. (you may need to purchase the game controller for this). CLICK ON AND READ COMMENT BELOW!!!!!!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote