Foscam FI9900P Outdoor HD 1080P Wireless Plug and Play IP Camera (Silver) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

foscam-digital-techn

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 303 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 303 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Full HD 1080p resolution with a low bit rate offers high-quality, real-time streaming video.
  • Wide dynamic range along with 8x zoom provides an incredible, clear field of view.
  • 30 powerful IR-LEDs for night vision up to 66 feet, rated IP66 weatherproof for protection against weather effects.
  • Get notified when there’s motion detected either via e-mail or FTP.
  • Compatible with Windows PC and Apple Mac Web Browsers (IE, Firefox, and Safari) as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by John Powers :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

45 people found the following review helpful

Nice IP Camera so far

I bought it for outside front entry for our home and the small footprint fits nice on the soffit. You could flush mount it or in my case, I mounted to a 4x4x2 E989NNJL Carlon PVC weatherproof box to house all the cables and minimize the hole size in the soffit.

It was reasonably easy to setup and learn the system. I connect wireless to my TP Link C9 router. About 50ft away and through walls. No connection problems so far.

The daylight video quality is excellent. The night video with IR and it is okay.

The Motion Detection looks at image change and you will get a lot of alarms in the evening when using the IR. This is true especially when it rains. I installed a 32G micro SD in the camera and record live during the night when using IR. You can set the schedule for recording times.
During the day I use Motion Detection and record only alarm events. It has a buffer that allows you to record before the alarm trigger. For example I have a trigger zone (you can have three different zones) on the sidewalk near my entry and a 2 second pre-record setting. If there is motion in one of the sidewalk zone areas it will record video 2 seconds before the the trigger and 10 seconds after it. You can set it for longer.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Foscam FI9900P Outdoor HD 1080P Wireless Plug and Play IP Camera (Silver)

Here is a nice video

Foscam FI9900P Outdoor 1080P Wireless IP Camera Unboxing and Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUP3sufFUZI