2.7 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 36 customers
    3.9 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar: by 2 customers
    2.0 out of 5

Features

• DISPLAY - High-definition standalone driving recorder with a crisp LCD display.
  • FIELD OF VIEW - Excellent coverage with video detail in bright and low-light conditions.
  • INCIDENT DETECTION - G-Sensor automatically saves footage of incidents on impact.
  • SNAPSHOT - Allows you to take still images, from inside or outside your vehicle, to capture close-up collision damage.
  • DASH CAM PLAYER - Play back footage right on the display, or use our free Dash Cam Player to review later on your computer.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by R. N. French :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

160 people found the following review helpful

A good dash cam with some design issues, and the traffic camera notification costs extra.

Overall this is a very solid dash cam. As background, I've had a Garmin Dash Cam 20 for about a year. I'm putting that camera in my wife's car and I bought the 35 for mine. I'm a big fan of Garmin products. The build quality is very good, the unit is compact and lightweight and setup is quick and easy. Video quality at 1080P is excellent and the camera adjusts to changes in light conditions smoothly and well. Night videos are clear and usable. This is a good, reliable choice if you want a no hassle dash cam.

So why just three stars? Garmin did some fairly boneheaded things with this unit. As many others have noted, the US version of this product has no audio recording capability. My Dash Cam 20, which Garmin still sells, can record audio and it can be turned on and off in the setup software. If you live in Europe it comes with a microphone. Why on earth Garmin would remove the feature is beyond me. Perhaps someone from Garmin’s Automotive Marketing team, who are surely not liking the ratings this product is getting here, will comment and enlighten us.

Another design flaw with this camera is the mount. On my Dash Cam 20, the ball mount socket is on the top of the unit. On the 35, they put it right next to the lens. The ball on the suction mount that Garmin sells snaps into the socket just fine (both are 17mm) but because of the placement of the socket, the suction mount itself partially blocks the lens. This isn’t a problem with the included adhesive mount, but if you want a Garmin suction mount you’re out of luck. I actually called Garmin customer service to ask about this before I bought the unit and was told it would work just fine. And it does, if you don’t mind losing about 40% of the field of view of the camera.

I liked the idea of having the red light camera and speed camera notification. It’s not a big deal for my commute, but it’s a nice feature. I assumed it would work out of the box. Fortunately, I read the product FAQ on Garmin’s website and found out that it’s a subscription service that has to be activated and paid for separately, at $29.95 per year. The sales copy doesn’t explicitly say it’s included (like the free map updates that have been included on Garmin GPS’s for years) but it also doesn’t let you know that it’s extra. That’s not the kind of honest marketing I expect from Garmin.

These are all unforced errors on Garmin’s part. This is a good product from an engineering standpoint but it does not live up to the high design standards I expect from Garmin. And the head fake on the camera notification is really inexcusable for a reputable company like Garmin

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Garmin Dash Cam 30

Walmart Review by Khan :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

12 people found the following review helpful

Garmin 30

GARMIN 30. Small display, 0 mins battery, only 4 GB memory card comes with. I don't recommend this at all. Every time u have to keep it on charging.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Garmin Dash Cam 30

Best Buy Review by photpbug :star::star::star::star::star:

Great small Dash Cam Video RecorderGarmin

Garmin has done a really great job of Designing and Engineering, a small dashcam video recorder. all that is needed is a Micro SD Memory card, i recommend the ScanDisk 64gb Extreme Plus. Setup is menu driven and is quick and simple, recorder starts when you start your vehicle, and keeps recording until you turn off your vehicle. You need to transfer files from dashcam to a compter, if it runs out of memory space it over writes older files, also it records in many small files as to the time recorded. This way if you know the time something happens, you can find just that video file. The videos can be in HD 1080 or a lower resolution to save memory card space if needed. Videos in 1080 are very sharp and clear, even in lower lighting conditions. Unit comes with a stick on mount but i recommend buying one of Garmins suction type mounts as used on their mapping GPSs. this will sure make installing and removing a lot simpler then their adhesive type mount that is included. Unit comes with a plug in car cord and a small USB to dashcam cord. A small quick start manual is included, but you can download a full manual from garmin support, the address is in the quick start manual. This small Garmin dashcam sure beats holding a cell phone to video, and also trying to also drive.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Garmin Dash Cam 30

Here is a nice video

Garmin Dash Cam 30 - 010-01507-00 - ispakavimas, montavimas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuJSMuihvKg