Garmin Drive 51 USA LM GPS Navigator System with Lifetime Maps, Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Direct Access, Driver Alerts, TripAdvisor and Foursquare Data ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

garmin

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 468 customers
4.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 80 customers
    3.6 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 388 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• Easy-to-use dedicated GPS navigator with bright 5.0-inch dual-orientation display
  • Preloaded with lifetime maps of the U.S.
  • Driver alerts for dangerous curves, speed changes, speed cameras, railroad crossings, animal crossings and more
  • TripAdvisor ratings for travel points of interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants and attractions
  • Garmin Real Directions feature guides like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by CT Home Owner :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

69 people found the following review helpful

Downloadable Maps Do Not Work Yet

I purchased this unit after carefully reviewing its capabilities versus those of competing units. One important feature that led my evaluation was the ability to use maps from other regions. To download a Garmin map into the unit, one must use of a free app called Garmin Express. Unfortunately, as of the writing of this review, Garmin Express does not allow the installation of new regional maps with the Drive 61 or 51 units. I spent several hours trying to make it work (the night before a trip to Europe) and an additional 1.5 hours with tech support (the day of the trip). Tech support was able to reproduce the error with their own test unit and are working on a fix. My interactions with Garmin since have been wonderfully professional, but highly disappointing. It's been too many hours across too many days and I am unwilling to invest more. I will be returning the unit for a refund. Comment to Garmin: My final solution is to use free offline maps from Google on the iPad I already own, even though I was willing to buy a dedicated device from you. So, this particular failure of the QA team at Garmin translates into a loss of a customer, lost revenue and hurts your brand. Why wasn't this tested before releasing the product to consumers?

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Garmin Drive 51 USA LM GPS Navigator System with Lifetime Maps, Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Direct Access, Driver Alerts, TripAdvisor and Foursquare Data

Best Buy Review by Bella :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Little GPS for the price

I haven't had my Garmin for too long, but so far I love it! Far exceeded my expectations for my first GPS (other than my phone). Easy turn by turn directions, written-shown-AND-spoken on the screen, easy to enter locations, gives the options of using highways or avoiding them if you wish, tells you when there are turns-bends-and curves- up ahead, shows the posted speed limits in the area and even tells you your speed that you are going and alerts you if you are going over the speed limit. I love the option of using TripAdvisor if I want to check out what's in the area for something specific. But my absolute favorite feature, that I don't think is mentioned in the product description, is the ability to add a back up camera to this gps and it will appear right on the screen when you reverse. Garmin sells the backup camera separately and it is a little pricey, but it's a great safety feature and nice option if your car did not come built with one already in. My only complaints are that sometimes the voice can randomly get lower while reading off directions for no apparent reason, and the battery only lasts an hour if not kept plugged in, so I would recommend leaving it plugged in while in use always. Other than that fantastic GPS and Best Buy usually has it on sale quite often! :)

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Garmin Drive 51 USA LM GPS Navigator System with Lifetime Maps, Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Direct Access, Driver Alerts, TripAdvisor and Foursquare Data

thank you

Garmin Drive: The GPS Navigator for the Future

@fuzal thanks :+1: