Garmin vivoactive HR GPS Smart Watch, Regular fit - Black ⭐⭐⭐:halfstar::emptystar:

garmin

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 1889 customers
3.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 1889 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• Regular fits wrist circumferences 5.39" to 7.68" (137 to 195 mm),GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen
  • 24/7 HEART RATE MONITORING - Elevate wrist heart technology gives you heart rate all day and night without an additional strap,Heart rate is not available while swimming
  • SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Set any notification from your mobile device to display when paired with a compatible smartphone
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Ryan :star::star::star::star::star:

869 people found the following review helpful

Best activity tracker on the market - Updated 6/28/16

I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now, I got lucky and got one really early. So far, I love it. Between weight training, elliptical running, biking (outdoor with ant+ sensors connected) and a huge amount of yard work, I am extremely impressed. Unlike previous wrist based trackers I've had, this one actually tracks movement when I cut the lawn or push a shopping cart. I use the GPS for yard work (turn on the walk activity), and it's really cool to see the movement map when I'm done.

For anyone thinking about this, keep in mind that this is an activity tracker with some smart watch functionality. If you’re thinking about this or something along the lines of a Gear S2 or Apple Watch, you are comparing the wrong products. If you want something to count steps, go with a Jawbone or FitBit, no need to spend $250 for a pedometer. This also isn’t small. My wrists aren’t large, but it looks fine on me and the size isn’t an issue. If you wear dress shirts a lot (with sleeves down and buttoned), you might have a bit of an issue. I had to wear a suit last week, and it was tough to get the shirt cuff over the watch. Doing that daily would be a problem for me.

The watch faces are good, fairly limited, but good. Actiface is my favorite, it shows time, steps, battery life, date, sunrise/sunset time, calories burned, distance moved, max steps and cal for the week and it also has a graph showing calories and steps over the last 7 days. Great face to see a bevy of stats at a glance.

This was money well spent for me, I’m very active and this can keep up with everything I do and then some. The apps are limited, but again, this isn’t a smart watch, it’s a smart tracker for more athletic types of people. I love it, it was worth the 2+ months of waiting. I debated getting the Fenix 3 HR, but I’m not at that level of outdoor activity, so this was a perfect choice for me. The fact that it can go in the shower/pool/ocean without turning into a dead device makes this a no brainer in the price range.

5/16/16 Update:
I found out yesterday that, on a long trip, it will count steps in my car. I didn’t have that problem with my wife’s car. My UP24 did the same thing, so as with that, I will just take it off in the car.

HR tracking while lifting weights is not perfect, it’s basically flipped: When lifting, HR goes down because blood flow is restricted, when I drop the weight, it goes up when normal flow returns. As with all wrist based, it’s not perfect. For really detailed HR tracking, a chest strap is the best approach. I’m ok with how this works, but I will be getting a chest strap to get a more exact measure for weight training.

I have seen complaints about the size. Get a tape measure and you can easily see how big it will be on your wrist. Negative reviews based on size make no sense to me, it’s clear how big it is. Cut a piece of paper or something to the size stated to see how big it will be on your wrist. It’s not small, but it’s also not as big as the Fenix 3. GPS, HR, touch screen, battery, all of these things need space for components. If you want something small, you’ll need to sacrifice features. It can’t be much smaller and still make sense to have a touch screen.

After 3 weeks, I’m totally sold on this still.

Update 6/28: 2 months in, I only wish I had this a year ago when I swimming daily. It’s not perfect, but it’s as close as it comes compared to others I have used. Stair counting could be better, I go up and down at least a dozen times a day (including basement stairs, maybe 2 dozen) and I rarely hit the 10 flight goal, not sure if that’s a software or hardware problem, but that’s really the only issue I have with it.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Garmin vivoactive HR GPS Smart Watch, Regular fit - Black

here is a youtube video

Garmin Vivoactive HR Review by Tristan Haskins - CardioCritic.com

@marko thanks :+1: