GE JVM3160RFSS Over-the-Range Microwave Oven, 1.6 cu. ft, Stainless Steel Finish ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

ge

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 3497 customers
4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 190 customers
    3.9 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1136 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2171 customers
    4.4 out of 5

Features

• 1.6 cu. ft. capacity
    1000 Watts (IEC-705 test procedure)
  • Auto and time defrost
    Defrosting times and power levels are programmed automatically or manually for optimal results
  • Turntable On/Off
    Controls turntable operation
  • Two-speed, 300-CFM venting system
    Removes smoke, steam and odors
  • Easy to use, highly durable, manufactured in United states
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by JEF :star::star::star::star::star:

65 people found the following review helpful

Great microwave. Scored highest on Consumer Reports

Love it. I saved a few hundred dollars by not buying the steam sensor version, both scored at the top of Consumer Reports. Didn't miss the sensor a bit.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: GE JVM3160RFSS Over-the-Range Microwave Oven, 1.6 cu. ft, Stainless Steel Finish

Best Buy Review by EWBEWB :star::star::star::star::star:

Easy install, seems reliable, nice touches

First, I'm easy to please, and don't use the microwave for anything more complicated than heating up frozen food or boiling water. I've not tested out any of the more advanced features, and can't comment on them.

I read a bunch of online reviews in making a product selection, and overall most people seemed pleased with this unit. The complaints seemed to be about minor stuff, like the button labels being hard to see in low light or the dark, which is true, but it doesn’t bother me (I turn on the overhead light so I can see the buttons).

I installed the unit myself, am not a pro, just a regular old DIYer. Installation was straightforward, the instructions were clear, and all the parts I needed were present. I ended up using some different lag bolts because the ones included with the install kit are not very beefy: they take a philips head, or you can use a 3/8 or 1/2 ratchet (can’t remember which), and the philips receptacle on the screw stripped out quickly when applying a reasonable amount of torque. I tossed them and used the stainless lag bolts with a square head inset from the last install.

The instructions seemed a little bit unclear to me about how the fan blower motor housing needs to be manipulated. The pictures are good, but I believe some of the words are in error. But if you understand what the basic premise is of what you’re doing, it will work out fine. The instructions provide a drilling template for the overhead screws, and everything matched up well.

The mounting plate seemed a little bit flimsy, but seems to work fine. It fit perfectly into the spot where the previous microwave went, and the microwave unit itself also fit perfectly.

As far as operation goes, I found the unit to be quieter than its predecessor, and can’t say if this unit is more or less quiet than other current units. It does what it is supposed to do, heat stuff up.

I like the way the rotating plate sits on the spindle. It is simple and works well. I also like the generous amount of light the unit provides from the bottom of the unit to the top of the stove. The door feels solid, and the open/close internal latching mechanism also has a solid feel to it.

It has been in operation now for about a month, with no hiccups or trouble. If things change, I’ll update this review accordingly.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: GE JVM3160RFSS Over-the-Range Microwave Oven, 1.6 cu. ft, Stainless Steel Finish

Walmart Review by andy2631 :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Great value - replaced a 14 yr old GE Profile

Replaced a 14 yr old GE Profile Microwave. This model matched other existing GE Profile appliances perfectly! Less functionality than the Profile; but more than meets our daily needs and uses of a microwave. Seems to be quieter, and over stove lighting isn't as harsh. GREAT VALUE at a GREAT PRICE!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: GE JVM3160RFSS Over-the-Range Microwave Oven, 1.6 cu. ft, Stainless Steel Finish

Check this video

GE JVM3160RFSS 1.6 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Over-the-Range Microwave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0np7gSgkNe8

@nolie thanks :+1: