GoPro HERO4 Session CHDHS-101 Waterproof Camera, 8MP(Black) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

gopro-camera

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 549 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 535 customers
    4.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 14 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Smallest, lightest with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth,HiLight Tag enables you to mark key moments while recording or playing back video
  • Durable and waterproof to 33’ (10m), no housing needed
  • Easy one-button control, power up and capture videos or photos with a single press
  • Professional quality up to 1440p30, 1080p60 and 720p100 video
  • 8MP photos with 12 fps Burst
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Seth A. Ratner :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

587 people found the following review helpful

The new default choice for the average GoPro user *Review Updated*

26Dec15 Edit: A lot has changed since the Session came out. The price is much lower and some of the settings can be changed on the camera without a phone. This changes a lot, so my review below is heavily changed to update this new reality.

BOTTOM LINE: You need to decide if you want a removable battery. If you don’t plan on filming more than two hours at a time, the GoPro HERO4 Session is a great choice. If you don’t want a camera with a view screen, and you don’t need swappable batteries, this is the camera to get.

I own a few GoPros. When the HERO4 Session came out it was $400, and quite frankly, the smaller size was not worth the price for most cases. But now at $200 the Session is competing with the lower tier GoPros, and it blows them out of the water.

There are many different models, so I’m going to boil them down into three choices. These are my overall recommendations for GoPros, including the Session.

Choice #1: Price is the most important factor to you. Get the GoPro HERO. It’s affordable ($129 for now), simple to use, and works great for many, many uses.

Choice #2: You are willing to pay a bit more for some nice features, but you aren’t a power user and you don’t plan on filming over two hours of footage between charges. Get the GoPro HERO4 Session (the product for this review).

Choice #3: You need a viewscreen on the camera, or swappable batteries, or don’t care about price. Get the GoPro HERO4 Silver

The lack of a removable battery is a downside. While a 64GB memory card will hold a ton of footage, the battery will only last a couple hours. Not being able to swap the battery in a matter of seconds and start filming again means the larger memory card is less useful. This is a problem if you want to do really long timelapses, since the battery will run out every couple hours.

For $200 this is a great camera, and it has become my go-to recommendation since the price cut. Some people (like me) need/want the additional features of the HERO4 Silver, but for most people the HERO4 Session is worth the extra $70 over the baseline GoPro price.

Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments. Cheers!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: GoPro HERO4 Session CHDHS-101 Waterproof Camera, 8MP(Black)

Walmart Review by Bluest :star::star::star::star::star:

87 people found the following review helpful

Super-PLEASED with performance and durability!

I took this camera on a test drive aboard the Disney Wonder cruise ship to Cabo this past week. It handled like a charm and was the Hit of the ship; everyone wanted to know about this tiny little camera and EVERYONE wanted to be in my video! At one point during the Pirate's Dinner someone shouted out, "Where is the woman with the GoPro? She's got to film this!" (One step ahead of her, I was already in the Tango line filming! Arg, arg!) So light weight and easy to carry around with just a one button on/off, made video taping these precious moments a breeze. I paired this camera with the Joby tripod and together, they were incredible!

Here is the link to the Joby tripod I used: http://www.walmart.com/ip/43658968

Paired with the Joby adjustable tripod, I propped this camera up right inside the wave pool, floated this camera around using the GoPro floaty, propped it up behind the bus driver’s seat during the drive to our Port Adventures, hung it off the side of the ship to capture sunrises and sunsets on time-lapse , wrapped it around my veranda sliding glass door handle to capture incredible time-lapse vids, wrapped it around a pole to capture party vids when someone who was taller was in front of me blocking my view, and the list goes on and on. This tiny little camera goes anywhere and can be taken straight into a pool as, it is already water-proof.

I am totally satisfied with my purchase, and, I paid $100 MORE for this camera than it is selling for today! Some people use it as a secondary GoPro camera; I only use it as a Primary GoPro camera. L-O-V-E!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: GoPro HERO4 Session CHDHS-101 Waterproof Camera, 8MP(Black)

thank you :+1:

GoPro - HERO4 Session Waterproof Camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjAW-zSqds